DEMSolutions EDEM 2.6.0 | 291.6 mb
DEM Solutions announces the release of EDEM 2.6 software with a programmable interface to enable bi-directional coupling with Multibody Dynamics (MBD) simulation.
Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation is transforming the business of designing and optimizing equipment for the handling and processing of bulk materials.
When used properly, DEM simulation gives you key design information on bulk solid material flow behavior that is very difficult, or even impossible to get using standard test methods or other methods of engineering simulation.
EDEM is high-performance commercially available DEM simulation software capable of generating the powerful DEM simulations and analysis required to solve complex problems in the design, prototyping, and optimization of equipment that handles and processes bulk solid materials–across a wide range of industry sectors.
First introduced to industry nearly a decade ago, EDEM is powered by state-of-the-art Discrete Element modeling technology and uniquely provides engineers with the capability to quickly and accurately simulate and analyze the behavior of their granular solids systems.
What new in EDEM 2.6:
- Enhanced interfacing capability extends simulation environment for customers using other computer-aided-engineering (CAE) tools
- Use of structural mechanics software such as FEA and MBD ensures OEMs acheive effective design of their equipment
- MBD Interface assists design of machinery that handles or processes bulk materials, particularly where dynamic loading from bulk materials is important in the design of the equipment components and/or the hydraulic control system
- Simulating interaction of equipment with material handled in real world conditions enhances capability of CAE tools and enables design of equipment with higher performance over equipment service life
- Coupled DEM-MDB simulation helps reduce development costs and time-to-market by reducing reliance on field testing and use of empirical design rules when simulating transient loads from bulk materials
- Allows coupling to structural FEA software through sharing of common surface meshes, enabling simulation of the structural dynamics of equipment subject to transient loading
- Coupled models enable structural response to transient surface loads to be computed using both static or dynamic FEA models
- MBD Interface provides dedicated, programmable interface that can be used to implement user-defined equipment kinematics or rigid-body dynamics models of equipment responding to dynamic loading from contacting bulk material
- Extended FEA and MBD analysis include the effects of interaction of bulk materials
About DEM Solutions
DEM Solutions is the market leader in Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation software and services for the design and optimization of equipment that handles or processes bulk materials in the mining, energy, equipment manufacturing, and process industries.
For over a decade, DEM Solutions has been developing and supplying world-leading DEM simulation technology and know-how to customers around the world who handle and process bulk materials ranging from coal, ores, and soil to pellets, tablets, powders, and fibers.
First released in 2006, EDEM software is powered by the Company’s state-of-the-art DEM simulation technology, and it is also the underlying technology platform for EDEM BulkSim and EDEM Academic software.
Name: DEMSolutions EDEM
Version: (64bit) 2.6.0
OS: Windows 7 Professional (or above)
Size: 291.6 mb