Title Of Album: Djedjotronic Presents Interstate 101
Year Of Release: 2014
Label: Boysnoize Germany – BNRCD 023D
Genre: Techno, Electro
Bitrate: 320 kbps
Total Time: 02:51:40
Total Size: 330 mb
1. Djedjotronic - Interstate (2:06)
2. Pip Williams - ASBO Youth (6:30)
3. Jensen Interceptor - Escape The Underworld (4:02)
4. Djedjotronic - Traffic (4:32)
5. Maelstrom - Snow Dance (6:25)
6. Atom TM - Ich Bin Meine Machine (Boys Noize remix) (6:50)
7. Djedjotronic - Junkbox (4:53)
8. The Hacker - Polonium 210 (5:18)
9. Glass Figure - Triangle Sequence (4:47)
10. Automat - DNG (5:28)
11. Tesla286 - Magnetic Fields (Hoshina Anniversary remix) (4:04)
12. Commuter - TS - 19 (4:48)
13. Hoshina Anniversary - Blue 439 (6:59)
14. SCNTST - Water Rave (4:18)
15. Nehuen - Non Verbal Thinking (5:42)
16. Mikron - Medika Combine (6:09)
17. Djedjotronic feat Miss Kittin - Pleasure And Pain (4:39)
18. CWS - Backpropagation (5:23)
19. Defekt - Your Automatik (5:14)
20. Noob - Sequences (3:58)
21. Voiron - Bricobrut (5:53)
22. Djedjotronic - Interstate 101 (continuous mix)
Interstate 101 is an important highway running through California and Mexico. It is sometimes called El Camino Real (The Royal Road) as its route follows closely the old route used by the Spanish missions. In some parts of California, it might be designated as « The Pacific Highway » or « The 101 ». Within the years, pieces of this road have been renamed and it has been truncated to be replaced by a more recent Interstate 5.
Like the Interstate 101, Electro is a music genre that connects different countries, different people. It has also been truncated, changed by technology and often renamed. Nevertheless, this Royal Road, that has been influencing the world of electronic music for more than 30 years, still remains as a way out following its path on the margins of a crowded and commercial junction.
This is what Jeremy Cottereau, aka Djedjotronic, wanted to illustrate in this compilation. Most of the tracks have been composed exclusively for the album, by some of the most renown names of the genre: The Hacker, Maeltrom, Glass Figure, Jensen Interceptor, Mikron, Defekt, SCNTST, Hoshina Anniversary, CWS, Noob, Voiron, Miss Kittin and himself. All the artists featured have come across his journey within the last years. They form, as he likes to say, his musical extended family.
Key player in the electronic world, Djedjotronic is a French producer that has gained recognition for his productions and his performances showcasing a nonlinear vision of electronic music. He is also known for his work as a remixer for UNKLE, Tiga, Boys Noize, Chilly Gonzales, Chromeo, Housemeister, Surkin, Birdy Nam Nam, M.A.N.D.Y, Miss Kittin and Depeche Mode. Since 2011, he has been living in Berlin, where he composed his last productions such as “Kaiko” EP on Boysnoize Records. But he has been maintaining strong ties with France and has signed in 2013 the maxi “Abyssal Zone” for the label Zone created by Gesaffelstein and The Hacker. Follow the electronic Interstate 101, a forgotten leviathan drifting through the ruins of sunken cities.