Oracle Linux 6.6 x64 (Virtual Machine VMWare) | 1.77 GB
Description: The virtual machine is based on Oracle Linux 6.6 x64
If you need to install the Oracle software in a virtual machine, but do not want to spend time installing and configuring Linux - you can use this virtual machine. Oracle Linux is a free distribution Linux. If necessary, can be acquired only support.
Oracle Linux - it is recommended to work on the distribution of Oracle Corporation!
0. If at the start of the virtual machine, you get the error: "This virtual machine can not be powered on because its working directory is not valid. Please use the configuration editor to set a valid working directory, and then try again.", Then go to properties machine ("Settings ... -> Options -> Working directory"), specify the path to the directory in which lies this virtual machine.
1. In a desktop GNOME installed by default from the distribution Oracle 6.6
2.Virtualnaya machine created under VMware Workstation 10.0.4
3.Takzhe virtual machine can run using VMware Player version 6.0.3 (or higher), or VMware ESX (need conversion machine via Converter).
4. In the virtual machine running the latest version of VMWare Tools
5. All drives are formatted with a file system ext4.
6. Installed only a minimal set of packages required to run Oracle Database software
7. Installs the Linux kernel from Oracle (Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel). VMWare Tools rebuilt under this kernel!
Needed to rebuild the kernel and gcc compiler source kernel headers also installed in the VM.
In the virtual machine created five CDs:
first system - volume 40Gb (file system.vmdk);
the second for the swap file, the volume of 16Gb (file swap.vmdk);
third for temporary files, the volume of 10Gb (file temp.vmdk) - inside the VM mounted automatically to the directory / tmp;
fourth - for the installation of application software and data (now in the VM it blank, the volume of 40Gb - file u01.vmdk), - mounted automatically in / u01;
fifth disc is for data files DBMS Oracle (it is also empty, the volume of 40Gb - file u02.vmdk) - mounted automatically to / u02.
Inside there is a VM network interface: "sees" the external network (bridget network). IP-address receives DHCP.
To improve performance, do the following "tuning":
- Disc u01 and u02 as a SCSI-controller uses SCSI-controller paravirtualizirovany from VMWare (pvscsi);
- The type of network interfaces - also the most productive paravirtual NIC (vmxnet3);
- Paravirtualizirovanye driver installed in the VM;
- After installing the OS system virtual disk has been defragmented and compressed.
In BM made all the settings to install Oracle 11gR2 database and 12sR1 (package installed db-preinstall.rpm)
Configure update repository via yum-public-yum.oracle.com and installed all the updates to the OS on October 31, 2014
Log in to the virtual machine:
Password for root / oracle: "oracle"
1. OS updated to version 6 Update Oracle Linux 6
2. VMWare Tools updated to the latest version
3. The kernel has been updated to the latest version 3.8.13-44.1.4.el6uek.x86_64 (UEK Release3)
4. Older kernels removed
5. defragment disks and packaging VM
6. Updated the screenshots in the hand
1. OS updated to version Oracle Linux 6 Update 5
2. VM Configuration updated to version 10 (VMWare Workstation 10)
3. VMWare Tools updated to the latest version
4. The kernel has been updated to the latest version 3.8.13-44.1.1.el6uek.x86_64 (UEK Release3)
5. Older kernels removed
6. defragment disks and packaging VM
7. Updated the screenshots in the hand
1. Have all the latest patches from the public repository Oracle public YUM
2. The kernel has been updated to 2.6.39-400
3. VMWare Tools rebuilt under the new kernel (this has also been updated package kernel-uek-devel)
4. Pack installed oracle-rdbms-server-12cR1-preinstall, to support the installation of the DBMS Oracle 12c
5. Remove unused kernel
6. defragment disks and packaging VM