Lynda - The Fundamentals of Document Retention and Data Management
144MB | Duration: 0h 58m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Beginner | Language: English
Do you know which documents to keep, and how long to keep them? A solid document-retention policy can preserve knowledge, prevent liabilities, and keep you compliant with government regulations. In this course, William R. Joseph will help you get the proper documentation and data-management policies in place at your organization.
He introduces the basic concepts behind document retention, including:
* The golden rules of document and data retention
* Preserving knowledge, relationships, and achievements through documentation
* Federal and state requirements for retention
* Guidelines for tax records, contracts, and other documents
* Building a new policy
* Storage systems and tools to consider
By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a plan that satisfies all the requirements and also protects your company's proprietary information.