Beyond Compare Pro 4.0.3 build 19420 Multilingual | MacOSX | 15 MB
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
BC for Mac has all the power and functionality you've come to expect from Beyond Compare, now with native look and feel, speed, and enhancements to make it feel at home.
Compare Files, Folders
You can compare entire drives and folders at high speed, checking just sizes and modified times. Or, thoroughly verify every file with byte-by-byte comparisons. FTP sites, cloud storage, and zip files are integrated seamlessly, and powerful filters allow you to limit what you see to only what you're interested in.
Once you've found specific files you're interested in, Beyond Compare can intelligently pick the best way to compare and display them. Text files can be viewed and edited with syntax highlighting and comparison rules tweaked specifically for documents, source code, and HTML. The text contents of Microsoft Word .doc and Adobe .pdf files can also be compared but not edited. Data files, executables, binary data, and images all have dedicated viewers as well, so you always have a clear view of the changes.
3-way Merge Pro edition only
Beyond Compare's merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file or folder into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts. Color coding and section highlighting allow you to accept, reject, or combine changes, simply and easily. When merging files you can change any line in the output with the built-in syntax-highlighting editor. By using Beyond Compare's powerful file type support and ability to favor changes from one file, you can trivially accept many changes without even seeing them.
You can use Beyond Compare directly from most version control systems, giving you all of the powerful comparing and merging support you need when you need it most. Integrated source control commands are also available, allowing you to check in and check out files without interrupting your work.
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically. You can efficiently update your laptop, backup your computer, or manage your website, and Beyond Compare will handle all the details. You can copy to and from disks, FTP servers, and zip files, all using the same interface. Anything you don't want affected can be easily filtered out, and all of the powerful comparison techniques are available, making the backup as fast or robust as you need.
You can automate repetitive tasks using a flexible scripting language, and any script can be called from the command line, allowing you to schedule your syncs for when it's most convenient.
- Compare files
- Text Compare
- Table Compare
- Binary Compare
- Picture Compare
- Compare Folders
- Compare Archive Files
- Responsive, multi-threaded interface
- Multiple windows with tabs for each comparison
- Integrated into Explorer (Windows), Finder (OS X), and various Linux shells
- Save comparisons as sessions to easily load them later
- Automatically save sessions when closing them
- Save workspaces containing all open windows and sessions
- Home view with easy access to viewers and saved sessions
- View Unix patch files as a side-by-side comparison
- Text editor
- Script processor for automating tasks
- Command line interface
- Supports high DPI (retina) displays
- Automatic check for updates
- Drag & drop to start comparisons
- Customizable fonts, colors, and keyboard shortcuts
- Extensive context-sensitive help
- Side-by-side display
- Color highlighting of differences within lines
- Display filters to show only differences
- Jump to next/previous difference within file or folder
- Printed and HTML comparison reports
- Unicode and MBCS support
- Thumbnail overview of comparison
- Can convert files before comparing them
- Compare files or clipboard contents
- Automatic backups when saving
What's New in Beyond Compare 4
- At long last, Beyond Compare runs natively on Macs! BC for Mac has all the power and functionality you've come to expect from Beyond Compare, now with native look and feel, speed, and enhancements to make it feel at home.
- The new Home View adds session search and web resources. The layout is easier to manage with on-screen controls.
- Three-way merging now extends to folders. Compare independent changes against a common ancestor to quickly merge your changes with someone else's. It makes merging your customizations into a new release a snap.
- It is now easier to define unimportant text in your Text Compares. Define unimportant terms directly from the Rules dialog, rather than having to edit your file formats.
- In addition to FTP, you can access WebDAV resources, Amazon S3 buckets, Subversion repositories, and Dropbox's cloud storage directly from within Beyond Compare. Organize your remote service profiles with friendly names and folder hierarchies.
- Picture Compare has a new look, with automatic zoom, pixel-level details, and simplified controls. Tolerance comparison mode uses grayscale to reveal the image along with the differences. It's also faster, uses less memory, and supports additional image formats.
- The reorganized options dialog includes a search feature for finding specific settings quickly. Commands for all comparison types can be customized without first having to open a view.
- Hex Compare supports in-line editing and wraps lines to fit the window.
- New View Patch command shows diff/patch files as a text comparison.
- HTML folder comparison reports can now embed links to file comparisons.
- Added option to align filenames with different extensions in folder compare.
- File operations can be paused in the folder compare.
- Added new text comparison algorithm choice based on Bram Cohen's Patience Diff.
- Improved appearance on high DPI (retina) displays.
Beyond Compare 4 runs on Macintosh computers, under OS X 10.6 +
Home Page -