Software used: SketchUp 2015 | Project Files: Included | Appropriate for all | 479 MB
Learn how to start drawing, designing, and animating your ideas with SketchUp, the 3D modeling toolkit used for everything from architectural rendering to game design. In this course, George Maestri leads viewers through the essentials of SketchUp: navigating around the interface, manipulating objects, drawing in 2D and 3D space, working with materials, and applying textures. He'll even show how to create simple animations and export your artwork in 2D and 3D formats.
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Creating camera views
- Shading faces and edges
- Selecting, moving, scaling, and rotating objects
- Creating basic circles, polygons, and arcs
- Making 3D text
- Labeling a drawing
- Working with layers
- Using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Applying materials and mapping textures
- Animating artwork
- Exporting sketches in 2D and 3D