GOM Video Converter 188.8.131.52 | 22 MB
GOM Video Converter is a tool that can encode various video formats to AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV and OGM files. After a brief installation in which you can enable the program to download some codecs, you have to select presets every time you initiate the application (e.g. Apple, Sony, Android, Blackberry, Microsoft). You can add one or more files (batch conversion is supported), configure output format and settings, set the output destination, and start converting.
You can configure output settings for the video codec (codec name, bitrate, key frame interval, video quality, resize filter), audio codec (codec name, format), video (size, ratio, frame, color settings, video effects), audio (sample rate frequency, normalizer), subtitles (font, color, position), but you can also attach a logo to the video and set its start and end point, transparency level, position and size.
In addition, you can merge videos, use a screencap tool or create a snapshot preview (by using the right-click menu), but you can also extract audio from a video file (by setting the output type to MP3 or AAC in Output Settings). The encoding process does not take very long - it depends on the source file size and output format. For example, GOM Video Converter managed to encode a 107MB FLV file to a 172MB AVI file in one minute and thirty-eight seconds (by using the default settings).
While the software is converting a file, you can view elapsed and remaining time, conversion speed, set GOM Video Converter to move or copy the output file to a specified directory, shutdown PC, minimize to tray, show an error message if conversion fails, show a message when all conversions are complete, and more.
The bottom line is that GOM Video Converter is a great tool for encoding, merging video files, and extracting audio from them. The features could have been more organized for faster and better understanding of its usage.
- Users with multi-core processors can convert multiple files simultaneously (multi-conversion).
- Screencap function lets you capture still images from video files.
- Snapshot Preview function lets you create a preview image compiled from still images taken from various points in the video.
- Merge function allows two or more video or audio video files to be combined into a single file.
- Preset Output Settings to make converting for specific devices easier.
- Segment video and audio files and convert only the desired sections.
- Convert audio from videos or various music files into MP3 or AAC.
- Use the DSC (Direct Stream Copy) function to change the container of your video without altering the format.
- Create Music Wallpapers [Still Image (JPG or BMP) + Audio]
- Output subtitle files (.srt/.smi)
- Output Closed Caption with subtitle files (.srt/.smi) when converting to MP4.
- Split Video function allows a file to be separated into two or more files.
- Adjust brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation.
- Apply Video Effects (Deblock / Smoothen / Sharpen / Deinterlace / Flip Vertically / Flip Horizontally).
- Output a thumbnail file.
- Embed a personal Logo or watermark on converted videos.
- Play speed change function support.
- Create high quality videos with 2PASS encoding.
Quick and Easy
Intuitive user-interface and built in conversion presets make GOM Video Converter easy for anyone to use. Not only that, it also boasts faster conversion speeds than other video converters. Users with multi-core processors can use the multi-conversion function to convert several files simultaneously.
Intel Quick Sync Video Support
Support for Intel Quick Sync Video lets you convert videos at blinding speeds (only available on PCs that are Intel Quick Sync Video enabled).
Download Embedded Videos
With GOM Picker you can download embedded flash video from your favorite video websites.
Supporting a comprehensive array of input and output formats, GOM Video Converter enables you to convert almost any video, even those you couldn't with other conversion software.
GOM Video Converter supports output formats for a wide variety of devices such as iPad, iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360, Zune, Blackberry, Android, and more.
Adding subtitles, extracting audio, embedding your own logo, and creating snapshot previews are only a few of the advanced features that come standard in GOM Video Converter.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206:
ASS/SSA subtitles support:
- Added support for internal ASS/SSA subtitles in .mkv files
Optimization of all current presets and new presets added:
- Current Sony, Apple, Android presets fixed and the integration of duplicate and similar presets.
- Added GALAXY Note3 High Quality/AVC, GALAXY S High Quality/AVC, GALAXY Note Series/ AVC, Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus One High Quality/AVC, Xperia X 10 Normal, Xperia X 10/HTC Magic/AVC(CBR), iPad (After G3) [Full HD(1080p)], iPad mini/iPad Air [AVC], iPhone6/iPhone 6 Plus, WALKMAN All series [Normal], WALKMAN All series [High], WALKMAN S/A [High] presets.
Converted files focus feature:
- When a conversion is done, select "Destination" to open the folder with Windows Explorer, you'll see the file(s) you just converted is (are) highlighted.
Improvement of conversion performance:
- Built-in source filter and codec performance improved. Please refer to below improvements:
- Fixed the "when converting some of the VOB files in version 220.127.116.11 and version 18.104.22.168 of GOM Video Converter, it finishes converting right after it starts" problem.
- Fixed the problem of converting files with AMR audio in version 22.214.171.124 and version 126.96.36.199 of GOM Video Converter.
- Fixed the problem of inputting files only with FLAC audio in version 188.8.131.52 of GOM Video Converter.
Added Source Filter Control:
Added Source Filter Control in the configurations: using external filters (codecs) instead of GOM's built-in filters for conversion. If you uncheck the box next to the extensions, those extensions files will not use GOM's internal filters, but will use the external filters installed in your PC to convert files.
The following issues have been solved:
- Some .mts files' PCM codec (audio) showing "Unknown"
- Nellymoser codec (audio) showing "Unknown"
- FLAC audio files' codecs showing "Unknown"
- Speex codec (audio) showing "Unknown"
- Dxtory codec (video) showing "Unknown"
- Some files' frame rates cannot be detected correctly, thus if converting files without changing their frame rates, the outputs sometimes end with low bit rates.
Improvement of installation program:
- Fixed the "Even meets the minimum spec but due to the system environment, installation cannot be carried out correctly" issue.
Added more disable filters:
- Conversion issue that are frequent reported such as "DivX H.264 Decoder", "TOSHIBA Audio Decoder DVD", "Monogram AAC Decoder", "Roxio MPEG2 Demuxer" filters are disabled as default.
Home Page -