SimpleKeys 2 is a complete rewrite of the popular f-key shortcut program. Allows the user to program a keyboard combination to type text, open files, and perform moderately complex macros. SimpleKeys is designed to be simple to use and a snap to set up. You can run Applescripts, run terminal commands, open URLs and much more. Shortcuts can be included in the SimpleKeys dock menu, and set to be active in all apps or any group of apps.
Now in addition to programing your function keys, SimpleKeys allows you to:
- Specify what applications a shortcut is active in.
- Execute an action with any key combination
- Now types as fast as the recieving application can accept keystrokes
- Create Macros by combining multiple actions under a single KeyStroke
- Import and Export Settings
- Supports drag and drop of shortcuts to and from the items list. This allows you to email a shortcut to a friend, or save it for later.
- Execute AppleScripts on the files selected in the finder or using the text on the clipboard.
- Supports all special accented characters.
- Type text, including the date, the text on the clipboard, and any KeyCombo (ie. Apple-S to save a file)
- Paste text, including the date.
- Pause to wait for events to complete.
- Launch a file with the default application, or with a specific application.
- Open a URL in your default web browser.