ThumbsPlus Professional 9.2.0 Build 3945 | 37.54 MB
ThumbsPlus Pro is a complex software tool developed specifically to help individuals view and easily navigate through all photos on your computer, as well as edit them and their metadata, and assign keywords. Version 9 includes access to Facebook photos (your albums and friends' albums), enhancements to Python scripting support, improved image metadata (XMP, EXIF and IPTC) handling, improved client/server database compatibility, performance improvements, and more.
ThumbsPlus is a highly customizable image database with thumbnails and batch editing. It makes it easy to catalog, organize, locate and maintain all of your graphics, multimedia and font files. It runs on Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista and Windows 7 and 8. Both 32 and 64-bit operating systems versions are supported.
Cluttered, yet modern UI
The installation process does not last long and does not bring any kind of surprises. Once you wrap it up, you are greeted by a modern and a bit cluttered interface. It consists of a menu bar, several shortcut buttons, and a few panels to let you preview images, display a folder structure, thumbnails and metadata. However, both power and novice users can still find their way around it, as there are also some extensive Help contents you can read when you reach a dead end.
Manage, edit and convert photos
This software tool enables you to upload TPDB8S and MDB databases, and you can also browse the contents of your hard drive, with the help of the built-in tree view. Moreover, you can perform managing actions such as moving or copying items to another location on the hard drive, renaming several of them at a time, assigning them keywords or tags, go to containing directory, copy file name, keywords, thumbnails and image to the Clipboard, e-mail, print or delete them.
When it comes to editing, you can adjust colors, their depth and balance levels, you can invert colors, view histograms, insert stamps and watermarks, photos can be resized, cropped and rotated. Pictures can be acquired from a scanner or camera, in one of the formats supported (BMP, GIF, ICO, JPG, PCX, PNG, RAW, TGA, TIF, WMF etc.) and in a custom location on the hard. Moreover, you can use a search function, view items as a slideshow and quickly convert files from one format to another.
What's new in version 9.2.0 Build 3945:
- User fields now display and sort properly in the thumbnail view.
- Eliminated possible crashes in several low-memory conditions.
- Implemented improved default DPI for saving new images (scanned, pasted, etc.).
- Eliminated some problems with image some editing previews (preview could disappeared or repeatedly paint, occasional crashes).
- Corrected a problem that could cause crashes on some systems when more than 100 batch sets (.tp_batch files) existed.
- Fixed a problem where Quick Convert was not always making thumbnails for the converted files.
- Pasting and image stamp were sometimes causing small amounts of leaked memory that would also interfere with synching or tiling all images.
- Some 16-bit gray and 48-bit color images were not displaying correcting.
- Pasting into some 16-bit gray and 48-bit color images was not always working correctly.
- Sometimes multiple fonts were not always installed or removed properly.
- Identified and fixed a crash scenario that did not run ThumbsBug (ThumbsPlus just exited).
- ThumbsBug now requires a description unless doing an automatic crash report.
- If the File Types file exceeded 200 entries, the excess were being ignored.
- On a few systems, local drives showed up incorrectly as shortcuts.
- Made the default mouse wheel scrolling one row at a time in the thumbnail view.
- Fixed loading user profile defaults from the THUMBS9.DEF file in the program directory (used in multi-user situtations).
- Fixed a couple of rare startup crashes .
- Fixed possible crashes during some image editing functions.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.