The Works 3.2 Plugins for Photoshop | 9.79 MB
A collection of 8 plug-in filter sets for use with Adobe Photoshop or compatible host applications (32-bit hosts only. Please note these filters will NOT run under 64-bit versions of CS5 or CS6). Originally created back in the 90's, these filters have been updated several times and converted into a number of different versions. They provide the user with a base of very simple effects that can be handy on a regular basis.
You will probably have already come across these many times over the years, on various websites and magazine cover CDRom's. It has always surprised me that people still seem to enjoy using them, so I will keep providing the downloads as long as they are wanted
- AlphaWorks quickly removes black or white values and making the region transparent. There are 6 different options, depending on the type of image you are working on (colour photo, mono photo, lineart).
- ColourWorks offers many variations for modifying image colour values in different ways, from subtle correction of your digital photos to more dramatic transformations for artistic effect.
- EdgeWorks creates dramatic edge and colour modifications which are best used for experimenting with intense photo transformations for a highly stylized look. Also handy for texture effects.
- ScreenWorks provides you with a quick way to add small detailed and repetitive texture overlay effects to areas of your image in one easy step. Add the pattern on top of your image, or make the layer background white.
- EmbossWorks gives you a selection of choices for producing various quick and easy embossing styles. They are handy when you need to add a sense of depth or relief to an otherwise flat image.
- SwapShop is meant for the easy switching of colour values in your images. Useful for experimenting with interesting combinations and creating surreal or artistic style results.
- MasterBlaster is a simple effect for "blasting" intense colour into your images. Ideal for when you need to add dramatic impact to your photos or work, or just to give an image a strong overall cast.
- Mezzy will let you create a selection of different grain and mezzo styles. Give your photos a whole new look with these various effects.
XP, Vista or Windows 7
512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
9.1MB of hard disk space for installation
800 x 600 screen resolution
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 or higher
or Photoshop Elements 3,0 or higher
or other plug-in compatible software
(32-bit host applications only)
Download the TheWorks-Setup.exe file above and follow the instructions during installation. Make sure you select your Photoshop (or other host) "Plug-Ins" folder and configure your host to look in that folder (if necessary). Then restart your graphics app and the new effects should appear somewhere in the filter menu. This is the basic procedure for installing plug-ins. However, some hosts have slight variations so for more details please read the documentation that came with your graphics program.