Hire Employees and Executives Without a Lawyer: Legal Guide
English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 3 Hours | pdf | 137 MB
eLearning, Business, Business Law | Skill level: all level
Write your own employement agreements for LESS THAN THE COST OF ONE HOUR OF LEGAL WORK
Anyone who has wanted to hire help has dealt with "employment laws" whether you know it or not. If your business is an LLC or Corporation, YOU are an employee yourself and you may not even know it. Hiring employees is full of administrative compliance issues and misunderstanding them can also be a time bomb that can destroy your future business.
This course GOES BEYOND providing simple answers to the "most common questions" like other courses. This course isn't a thinly-veiled sales advertisement for my services unlike many others.
Other courses spend 45 minutes on patent law, copyright law, and trademark law. Here, I'm going to be spending several hours talking ONLY ABOUT EMPLOYMENT LAW AND AGREEMENTS because I want to provide the depth of information necessary de-mystify the process and take you step by step through it.
WHO AM I? I'm an IP lawyer who works with creative professionals like web designers, game developers, and Youtubers. Some of my clients are the most-viewed, most subscribed to video creators and social media personalities on the internet.
WHY DID I CREATE THIS? I've advised literally 100's of aspiring creatives for free out of the kindness of my own heart over the years. To ensure that I could help as many people as possible, even the people who can't pay may rate as an attorney, I am building this course. My goal is to ensure that you take the path of least resistance and most reward in your creative and business endeavors. I used to be a filmmaker and own my own production business, so I want to give back to creators/entrepreneurs as much as possible.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Avoid paying a lawyer 500 an hour for this general information. And if you do hire a lawyer, they'll spend more time actually "doing the work" instead of getting you up to speed.
- Learn that every person who your company pays (including yourself) could be considered an employee. Learn the consequences for mis-classfication and how you can identify red flags and avoid them. The more information you have up front on why these laws are important, the more time you can save and costly legal fees you can avoid in the future.
- Ask me questions directly. I'll be adding more free videos and content to the course based on your questions. In the discussion board you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get personal feedback (please note: I can't give specific legal advice in the discussion board)!
- Go beyond copying template agreements you find online. Learn about how these copy/paste jobs may hurt you or your clients, and learn what each section does so you can edit your own great agreement from multiple templates.
- Certificate of Completion
- Discounts on future courses
- Lock in your price now. Since I'm going to be adding new content each week, the price of the course will raise. If you want to get that new content for free, now is the time to buy.
What are the requirements?
- This course is comprehensive, so students do not need to know anything about contracts, hiring, or human resources to understand the information provided
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 10 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- Write an employee agreement and offer letter for your potential hires
- Understand the value of employment agreements and employment laws (and why co-founders who aren't being paid need employment agreements)
- Learn the big differences between employees and contractors and how proper classification can save you money and future legal problems
- Avoiding paying a lawyer 500 an hour for general information you can get here. Only pay for the work itself. Save money if you do end up hiring a lawyer by understanding the process
What is the target audience?
- This course is meant for anyone who wants to understand more about hiring employees and contractors. This applies if you're a freelancer looking for a bit of help to an entrepreneur who is ready to hire for their startup or small business.
- This course will NOT replace the need for an attorney or human resources professional in every occasion but it does provide an easy outline to understand what is within your grasp and what a professional should handle.