Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.1 (4127) Multilangual | MacOSX | 17.6 MB
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project - your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'll spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
Intuitive: A completely redesigned interface that puts all of the most-used features at your fingertips.
More efficient: The disk center, scheduled tasks, and the cloning console are integrated into a single window.
Simple: New simple interface mode allows you to clear the visual clutter and clone in three clicks. Source > Destination > Clone.
Task Chaining: Tasks can be chained together to form more complex backup routines.
Edit scheduled tasks: Yes, finally, you can edit your scheduled tasks.
Email Notifications: Configure your email account settings once and use across multiple tasks. There are also new ways to customize CCC's email notifications.
Task Scheduling: Run tasks hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or whenever you connect to your backup drive. Tasks can also be limited to running only on weekday or weekends. By default, tasks will not start if a laptop is running on battery power, and the task will start as soon as AC power is restored.
Administrators only need to authenticate once. Ever: Authentication is no longer required every time you want to run a task. CCC will require authentication once for an administrative user, and then that user will have one-click access to starting, stopping, and configuring tasks. Non-admin users will be required to authenticate with admin credentials to start, stop, or modify backup tasks.
Task History: Quickly view when your tasks have run and if they were successful. Restrict the list by task name, source volume, destination volume, or run date. Receive details information and advice on tasks that resulted in errors.
Disk Center: Quickly learn more about your volumes or create a Recovery HD, all while easily seeing all tasks that involve the selected disk, as well as the last time each task ran.
Customize your backups: All of your favorite advanced features can still be accessed through the advanced settings mode.
SafetyNet: Create a bootable clone of your hard drive, but also keep copies of your recently deleted and changed files - just in case.
Menu Bar App: Keep tabs on currently running backup tasks, create a new task, or run a scheduled task.
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Redesigned, one-window interface
- Edit scheduled tasks
- Menubar application
- Task history
- Simple view mode
- Chain tasks together
- Run tasks only on weekdays or weekends
- Task collision detection (prevent two tasks from writing to the same destination simultaneously)
- Choose to run backups only when connected to a power source
- Administrators authenticate only once, ever
- Customizable email notifications
- Command line application
- Visual quickstart guides
- Bootable backups
- Smart updates
- Run backups on a schedule
- Back up to locally attached volumes
- Back up to network volumes
- Clone a Recovery HD
- Household license
- Disk Center
- Archive changed and deleted items
- Tasks run automatically, even if you are not logged in
- Back up to another Mac
- Pre- and post-flight scripts
- Custom filters
- Cloning coach with timely troubleshooting advice
- Available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
What's new in version:
* If you have a pair of folders selected as the source and destination, CCC no longer refuses to allow you to choose the destination folder as the source (or vice versa). You're probably swapping the two folders, so instead of preventing this, CCC clears out the opposing settings that would be in conflict.
* Fixed a minor issue with the Uninstall functionality.
* The mini task progress window is now closed when no tasks are running, rather than being made transparent. The previous behavior was intended to avoid a bug in Yosemite in which the user agent application would hang if the window was closed while the display was dimmed. The behavior had the annoying result of creating an unclickable rectangle on the Desktop. We found another way to work around the Yosemite bug that allows us to close the window properly.
* Fixed an issue in which CCC's helper tool was not saving the global preferences to disk after getting a new application path from CCC. This would result in tasks being unable to run after restarting, because the helper tool would have an invalid path for the CCC application bundle.
* Addressed a few minor clipping or translation issues in some of the non-English localization resources.
* The "Don't validate certificate chain" option in the Email Settings section of CCC's Preferences window will now be properly retained.
* Fixed a cosmetic issue in which the path control interface element wasn't getting updated when choosing a new disk image as the destination. The result would be "Macintosh HD > Applications" being indicated as the destination, which could be confusing.
Intel, 64-bit processor
OS X 10.8 or later
Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Language: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
Home Page -