NeoFinder Business 6.7 Multilangual | MacOSX | 9.6 MB
NeoFinder (was CDFinder) quickly catalogs your entire media and disk library, and your backup archive. NeoFinder keeps track of your documents, photos, songs, movies, and folders wherever they are stored. NeoFinder is your digital treasure chest!
Catalog your digital data: hard disks (internal, external, USB, FireWire, Thunderbolt), server disks, DVD-ROMs, Audio-CDs, iPods, Blu-rays, LTO, USB sticks, and get a full inventory of all files, folders, and important metadata, including thumbnails for your photos and video files.
Product Technical Details:
- Catalog: any hard disk, data folder, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Blu-ray, HD-DVD, iPod, Server Volume, Audio-CD, USB-Stick, FTP-Server, and more
- Power: Handle really large amounts of data and catalogs
- Networkable: Share your NeoFinder database in your entire workgroup (requires a Business License)
- Cross-platform: with abeMeda (NeoFinder for Windows), you can use one database for both worlds!
- iOS: Only NeoFinder is also available to the iPhone or iPad!
- Photo Previews: Create beautiful thumbnails for many photo and image formats, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, RAW, PDF, PSD, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, IFF (Maya)
- Movie Thumbnails: For many video files that are supported by QuickTime and possible Plugins, such as: avi, mov, mp4, m4v, mpg, flv, mkv, and so on. NeoFinder doesn't get the boring first frame of a movie, but a frame from around 20% of the duration of the file. Elgato EyeTV recordings are cataloged, including EPG metadata, and also RED movies ".r3d". With ffmpeg, you also get thumbnails for many more formats
- Document Thumbnails: Get useful thumbnails for PDF, Microsoft Powerpoint, Apple Keynote, Apple Pages, Adobe InDesign, and Quark XPress documents
- Text Previews: Get excerpts of text documents, such as Microsoft Word, PDF, RTF, TXT, and NFO formats, and even HTML!
- Audio Meta data: MP3, AAC (iTunes), FLAC (Free Lossless Audio codec), ALAC (Apple Lossless), WAV, BWF (Broadcast Wave Format), and AIFF meta data: author, album, title, composer, lyrics, cover art, track number, duration, bit rate, genre, year, comment, and ISRC. Even catalogs whole Audio-CDs, and Apple iPhone ringtone files!
- Photo Meta data: XMP (used by Adobe Bridge), EXIF and IPTC meta data (including GPS geotags), and JPG, TIFF, PICT, RAW, and BMP photo details
- Movie Meta data: get the dimension, duration, codec and frame rate out of movie files, supporting AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, 3PG, and M4V
- Geotagging GPS support: NeoFinder catalogs and displays GPS EXIF tags of photos and iPhone movies, and has direct links to Google Earth, Flickr, Panoramio, Google Maps and MapQuest. NeoFinder can even search for photos that were taken near any location (GeoFinder), and export GPS data to KMZ files. Or just geotag you photos directly with NeoFinder
- Workflow Integration: Automatically catalog all discs burned by Roxio Toast; Drag any image directly from NeoFinder into applications like Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Apple Pages, Microsoft Office, and much more
- Find it! Best Find functions in the market, and of course offline browsing of all your volumes - even in multiple windows, if you want to
- Spotlight Integration: Search your local disks with Spotlight and as well as your catalogs from inside NeoFinder
- Import Catalogs: These formats are supported: Canto Cumulus and MediaDex (CRE files), WhereIsIt (Windows, XML), DiskCatalogMaker (Text export), TOLIS Group BRU, Cache-A XML files, DiskLibrary, Disk Recall, DiskWizard, Iomega FindIt, Portents DiskTracker (1.x and 2.x), Catalogue, CatFinder, "Neometric" Catalog , Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows, XML), Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows, XML), SuperCat for Windows (".idx" database files), Delicious Library XML, iView MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media (XML export)
- Fast and really easy to use
- Automatically Update catalogs with a time schedule! (AutoUpdater requires Business License)
- Export and print catalog data
- Insight: Look inside archive files: ZIP, TAR, .rar, StuffIt (.sit and even .sitx), even Disk Image contents
- International: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch user interface, all in one application
- Unicode compatible: Use NeoFinder to catalog file names of any language
- AppleScript: Integrate NeoFinder with FileMaker Pro or any other application, or extend the abilities of NeoFinder
- Extend your NeoFinder catalog database by using five custom fields for any content you need
- FileCheck: Only NeoFinder can generate an industrial strength MD5 checksum for every file being cataloged
- AutoMount: NeoFinder automatically mounts every server volume you have cataloged or updated for you! And you can of course also ask NeoFinder to mount the volume for you at any time, using the context menu
- QuickLook: Open a QuickLook window for any selected online file(s) right from inside NeoFinder! (Leopard and Snow Leopard)
- Cross-Grade: you already bought a different catalog or media asset manager application, ask us for a good offer!
Here is a short list of what is new in NeoFinder 6.7:
- Can now catalog the contents Open Office text files ('.odt' and '.ott')
- NeoFinder can now catalog DPX images and read their SMTPE timecode
- Added support to catalog PhaseOne RAW images ('.iiq')
- Added support to catalog Leica RAW images ('.rwl')
- NeoFinder can now catalog the structure of CBR and CBZ (Comic Book Archives) files
- You can now edit the comment for multiple items in catalogs at once in the Inspector
- Several additional columns can now be edited directly in the List View
- You can now catalog the Adobe XMP data in PNG images
- Several Importers can ignore invisible files during the Import
- You can now sort the Icon View by Modification Date and by Path
- The DatabaseSettings.xml now has a new section to completely ignore certain files during cataloging, for example XMP sidecar files
- IPTC keywords and Tags are now displayed sorted in the Inspector
- You can now edit the item names in Column View
- Pasting catalog icons now works in Mac OS X Yosemite on Retina iMacs
- You can now double click Spotlight results to open them in the Finder
- Reading Microsoft Word '.doc' and '.docx' file contents can no longer crash during cataloging
System requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8,10.9, or 10.10 (Yosemite)
Home Page -