Image for Windows is an affordable and reliable drive image backup and restore solution that provides an easy and convenient way to completely backup all your hard drive's data, programs and operating systems. Your backups can be saved directly to external USB and FireWire drives, to internal or network drives, and even directly to CD, DVD, or BD.
The Image for Windows package includes an easy-to-use MakeDisk wizard for creating a recovery boot disk. To restore your data, programs and operating systems back to the way they were when the backup was created, simply boot the recovery disk and restore the partition(s) or drive(s) you need to recover. It's that easy.
Image for Windows utilizes the technology provided by Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) or PHYLock, an add-on component included in the Image for Windows package. VSS and PHYLock allows you to continue using your computer while the backup is locked to a point-in-time. This eliminates the inconsistencies typically experienced while backing up a partition that is in use.
Image for Windows runs under the Windows operating system, yet it can backup or restore any partition, including those of DOS or Linux, and even partitions encrypted by third-party software. The TeraByte drive image files produced by Image for Windows are compatible across all TeraByte Unlimited disk imaging products of the same major version number (i.e. all 1.x products are compatible with other 1.x products). This gives you the flexibility to restore disk images using your product of choice.
- Compatible with Windows x86 and Windows x64 versions.
- Compatible with Windows NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.
- Compatible with Windows Server and SBS versions (NT4, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2011, etc..).
What's New in Version 2.96:
- Added /nowait option (must be first) to allow multiple instances (special use).
- Changed installer for new installs to ask if simple operations should be used.
- Added copy to simple operations.
- Added new VSS options and changed defaults.
- Other potential changes, updates and enhancements.