Fun contextualized practice with a focus on understanding and responding to spoken Spanish.
Learning Spanish can be fun and engaging.
This course is intended to help you become conversational in basic Spanish. To become truly proficient in a second language requires years of practice, but this course is designed to give you an engaging, intuitive way to start communicating.
The course is designed around an imagined trip to a Spanish-speaking country. You begin at your destination airport, and are guided through various real-life scenarios that you would find yourself in if you were really in a Spanish-speaking country. These practical scenarios will be supplemented by clear and concise direct instruction in vocabulary and basic grammar. For those who are interested in more in-depth explanations of the grammar, there are supplementary videos linked throughout the course.
Throughout the course, you will learn to talk about the following things in Spanish:
* meeting people
* what you need and want
* making purchases
* what you like and don't like
* getting medical help
* restaurants and hotel accommodations
* travel and getting around
The length of completion varies based on how long you need to spend on each unit, and how often you go back to review things that you previously covered. Learning a language is not a race, so don't be afraid to take your time or to go back and review as necessary.
The course is designed to be self-directed, but the instructor will check messages at least weekly in order to answer questions or clarify concerns.
The course presents scenarios that you would encounter as a traveler, but most of what you learn could easily be transferred to other situations. For instance, there are many scenes in which you are a customer of some sort; you could just as easily view these scenes from the point of view of the seller, doctor, etc.
What are the requirements?
- No prerequisite knowledge or special software or equipment required
- Be willing to have fun while learning, and be willing to go out on a limb and make mistakes.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 87 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- By the end of this course, you will be able to communicate on a basic level with Spanish speakers.
- In this course, you will focus on seeing the big picture and on communicating basic ideas. The goal is to begin to communicate, not to sound flawless. That takes years of practice.
What is the target audience?
- new learners
- students who need extra help
- people who want to brush up
I recommends Buy premimum account for High speed+parallel downloads!