Downie 2.1.1 Multilingual (Mac OS X) | 18 MB
Downie - this is the easiest video downloader. Supports over 750 popular sites such as YouTube (including 4K video), Vimeo, MetaCafe, iView, Facebook and many others. Choose the quality and format of the file to be downloaded and enjoy your favorite videos.
YouTube, Vimeo, trailers.apple.com, CNBC, NHL, LiveLeak, Insanee, Daily Haha, BlipTV, DotSub, Daily Motion,
Over Stream, eHow, Devil Ducky, PlayFM, PBS, Vine.Co, MetaCafe, iView, Bofunk, MadiaSilo, MTV, V-Vids, 15min.lt,
Break.com, CollegeHumor, eBaum's World, ESPN.go.com, NicoVideo.jp, NoiseTrade, On.AOL, Billboard, Cook's Illustrated,
FunnyOrDie, MLB, Bloomberg, Craftsy, Facebook, Kickstarter, Lynda, NBC News, Rotten Tomatoes, Slashdot, South Park Studios, Video Detective, etc.
* Now requires OS X 10.9+. If you are still running OS X 10.8, do not install.
* Ability to pause and resume downloads (note that quitting Downie will cancel the download completely).
* Automatic retry on network failure.
* HTTP downloads are now split into chunks (if supported by server), hence possibly speeding up downloads.
* Automatic login detection. If your site requires you to login, Downie will pick this up and allow you to login using an inner browser.
* Additional extraction methods. By default, Downie analyzes the source code of the web site and tries to extract a video file. This has the advantage of allowing you to often pick from several video qualities, but this method can miss on some media files. If Downie fails to find something on the page by analyzing it, it goes on to actually loading the page in an inner browser and looking for dynamically loaded media files.
* See what videos are currently popular - there's a blue button right in the toolbar of the main window that shows the top 25 popular videos.
* Search YouTube, Vimeo and more right from within the app.
* Now also downloads DMG, ZIP, RAR. We're accepting requests for non-video sites now as well.
* Image previews. Supported sites will now show image previews of the videos
OS: OS X 10.9 +
Home Page - http://software.charliemonroe.net/downie.php