2хDVD5 | NTSC 4:3 (720x480) VBR | MPEG2 ~8132 kbps | English: LPCM, 1536 kb/s (2 ch) | 3 hours | 4.09 GB + 4.13 GB
Genre: Guitar Lessons
Throughout this DVD series you will also learn how to use effects like reverb and delay to get trademark surf tones. Learn techniques like double picking, flutter strumming, arpeggiating rhythms, open string riffs, and tremolo arm use. You will also learn many new strum patterns, picking patterns, and all kinds of different and interesting surf guitar rhythms.
Surf guitar is so much fun to play and with these lessons you will be rocking it out in no time. Throughout these lessons you will also learn how to dress up and embellish your playing. For example, you will learn how to embellish open and bar chords by manipulating notes within the chord with your fret hand. This really adds spice and interest to your playing. Learn all the tricks of the trade with Next Level Guitar by your side for every lick and rhythm.
BEGINNER SURF GUITAR DVD:
DVD Intro - in this DVD introduction we discuss the coming lessons and the format for the Surf-Rockabilly lesson series. We go over the topics to be covered throughout the series and we also go over the tunings used in the lessons and the styles that will be covered throughout the coming materials.
Surf Tone - this section of the DVD is broken into two lessons:
1. Surf tone and picking lesson - in this lesson we discuss surf techniques like picking, double picking, reverb effects, and rhythm. This lesson will help you to dial in that trademark surf tone. All picking patterns are written out in on-screen text and examples are played at slow and regular tempos.
2. Tremolo arm bending lesson - in this lesson you will learn how to get some cool surf sounds using the tremolo arm and some reverb. This use of the tremolo arm helps gives that trademark classic Surf sounds. Learn how to use the bar while strumming and pre-bending the arm. Learn a cool practice progression using these new techniques. Tons of fun and killer sounds too!
Spy, Tiki, and Surf Guitar - this section of the DVD is broken into three lessons:
1. Spy-Tiki Peter Gunn style rhythms lesson - in this lesson you will learn easy and fun rhythmic ideas in the Spy/Surf Peter Gunn guitar style. You will learn some of the techniques to get that Spy/Surf Tone. You will also learn all about palm muting, open string licks, chromatic runs, and down-stroke picking.
2. Spy-Tiki surf rhythm lesson - in this lesson you will learn some Spy/Tiki licks on the low end of the guitar for some cool tones. String bending and vibrato are emphasized in this lesson to give added interest and effect. We then add some overdrive to the amp to get even more sounds.
3. Spy Pink Panther style licks - in this lesson you will learn some Pink Panther-esque Spy/Surf licks played a few different ways. Learn how to add hammer-ons and slides to spice up these licks while adding interest and texture. You will also learn how to add octave licks to add even more interest and spice to these licks.
Rhythms I - this section of the DVD is broken into three lessons:
1. Spanish Surf arpegiated rhythm lesson - in this lesson we do something a little different and teach single string arpeggiation to get some new sounds. We also will teach how adding vibrato or tremolo effect that can give you new and different tones. Learn all the chords and picking patterns fast and easy in this fun lesson. You will also learn how to get different sounds and tones from experimenting with your instrument.
2. All down-strokes Surf rhythm lesson - in this fun and easy lesson you will learn some cool surf progressions using all down-strokes. This down-stroke only technique is a fun and easy method that will get you playing these surf sounds fast and easy.
3. Surf garage rhythm lesson - in this lesson we go for another new tone and add a little overdrive to a tube amplifier for some different surf tones. Here you will learn some killer grungy garage surf licks and progressions. Learn to add string bending licks, open string riffs, dissonant sounding notes, slides, double picking, and more to create some killer surf music and tones.
Rhythms II Faster Picking - this section of the DVD is broken into three lessons:
1. Surf melody rhythm lesson - in this lesson you will learn to take a surf riff and think more in terms of turning it into a song melody. This lesson will get you bouncing all over the fretboard to connect some musical ideas into a cohesive progression. Then add chordal melody on top with some easy chords. Then learn even more embellishing as well as flutter strumming to add more interest.
2. Surf rhythm fast picking lesson - in this lesson we continue teaching fast picked surf progressions. This rhythm continues to work the double picking technique that you learned in earlier lessons on this DVD. Lot of cool open string riffs adds to the surf tone in this progression. Learn a finger stretch technique for a more flowing feel moving up the guitar neck. With the completion of this lesson and lots of practice you will now be ready to move to more intermediate surf guitar techniques and lessons.
3. Cool Surf progression lesson - in this lesson you will learn another cool surf progression using fast picking combined with open and bar chords. Learn how to embellish chords by manipulating notes in the chord with your fingers. This technique really dresses up your playing and adds interest and spice. You will also learn some killer open string riffs using pull-offs, as well as string muting to get killer surf tones.
SURF & ROCKABILLY GEAR TWO-HOUR DVD:
With so many choices in the market today as far as guitars, amps, and effects how do you really know how to get the sounds you are seeking? How do you dial in that magic tone that we hear in our heads but often we find so elusive?
Well don't fret as we have assembled a two-hour DVD demonstrating the sounds and discussing the features of Surf and Rockabilly gear. We demonstrate the solid and hollow bodied electric guitars, amplifiers, and effects that will get you dialed into those vintage and trademark Surf and Rockabilly tones.
We go over all the features of the equipment and demo all the sounds and settings so you can hear for yourself if these are the tones you seek. We take you through some of the most famous instruments and gear used in this style of music. Where else can you hear all this equipment demonstrated in one power packed wallop for your viewing and audio pleasure? Next Level Guitar - that is where!
We all know just how expensive good quality gear is these days. So when making such a huge investment you want to be as sure as possible that you will be satisfied with the gear you purchase. As well as you want to fully understand how to use it and dial up all the killer settings and tones. And this two-hour DVD will help you do just that!
Throughout this DVD we dive deep into the gear that gives you that trademark and vintage Surf and Rockabilly sounds.