Lynda - Database Fundamentals: Core Concepts
Size: 392MB | Duration: 2h 14m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15&30fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate | Language: English
Understand the core concepts every IT professional should know to start working with databases. This course, the first in a four-part series with database consultant Adam Wilbert, is designed to provide a solid foundation that will serve you throughout your IT career.
Learn about the different data storage models and find out how to build your first database with SQL Server-the Express edition, which requires no hardware or special connections for setup. Then discover how to create database objects with the data definition language (DDL) and edit data in your tables with data manipulation language (DML). Adam also covers critical relational database concepts, such as relationships, indexes, and schemes.
* Understanding flat file, hierarchical, and relational databases
* Installing SQL Server 2014 Express
* Creating your first database and tables
* Creating and editing database objects
* Writing commands in DML
* Selecting and inserting data
* Updating and deleting data
* Establishing relationships and file naming conventions