English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 4 hrs | 617 MB
eLearning, IT & Software, Operating Systems | Skill level: All level
A comprehensive guide to configuring and implementing Linux services everyone relies on every day.
Understanding Linux is sometimes difficult to get your hands around. There are a large number of resources you can use: online courses, books, tutorials and classroom learning. You can get the basics of Linux down using any combination of those along with a little practice, but what you end up with is not really what you need to know to become a professional.
Linux by Example
Let Linux by Example help you connect all the dots. Take the commands and concepts that you have been introduced to during your Linux adventure and learn how to apply them in real world scenarios. This course will give you concrete examples to walk through, step by step, showing exactly how to set up key services that we all rely on every day.
This course is taught by a seasoned Information Technology professional with more than 20 years of industry experience in Linux, Microsoft Windows and has completed all of these configurations in Enterprise Class environments.
After viewing this course, you will truly grasp the power and flexibility of Linux. These videos will give you all the tools you need to set up and configure complex services on Linux. The documentation includes detailed step by step instructions with copies of all the configuration files so you can create your own professional reference library.
What is Covered?
The real world concepts that are covered during this course include detailed walk throughs of the Linux Academy Live Labs scenarios like:
- Configuring BIND 9 DNS
- Configuring Ubuntu NFS Version 4
- Remote GUI and Secure VNC Setup
- Samba Version 4: Windows and Linux Client/Server
- Apache and Self Signed Certificates
- LAMP Stack
What are the requirements?
- Access to Linux Academy Live Labs Environment or Local Linux System
- What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 18 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- Each concept is comprehensively explained from start to finish. We don’t assume that you are familiar with the concepts involved, so if you are not - experienced, you will get everything you need to gain that experience. Even if you are a seasoned professional, you will get a concise configuration for all - these scenarios that you can easily apply to your situation. Keep your eye on this course for ongoing future updates!
What is the target audience?
- All Skill Levels - from Novice to Professional