This class will take you step-by-step from your initial design to a finished Joomla template.
Creating a fantastic look and feel for your Joomla site is pretty important. You can buy templates, or even download and use free ones. However, if you really want a unique look, you need to create your own template.
In the first part of the class, we'll introduce you to the project and show the tools you'll need for template design.
- Introducing the Joomla 2.5 Template Course
- Resources You'll Need (Windows)
- Resources You'll Need (Mac)
- Getting Organized
- The 960 Grid
In the second part of the class, you'll prepare the Photoshop file:
- Slicing the Design File
- The Index File Part 1
- The Index File Part 2
In the third part of the class, you'll prepare your images and files for use in Joomla:
- The Main File - Index.php Part 1
- The Main File - Index.php Part 2
- The Main File - Index.php Part 3
- The Template XML File
- Packaging the Template for Distribution
In the fourth part of the class, you'll design each different area of your template from the header to the footer:
- The Header Module
- Designing the Menus
- Page Detection and Modules
- Introducing Firebug
- Editing with Firebug
- Other Development Tools
- Creating Module Class Suffixes
- Creating the Footer
In the fifth part of the class, youi'll learn how to add advanced features to your template:
- Collapsable Module Positions Part 1
- Collapsable Module Positions Part 2
- Template Parameters Part 1
- Template Parameters Part 2
In the final part of the class, we'll cover other useful tips including how to covert an HTML design to Joomla.
- HTML to Joomla
- Introduction to Artisteer
- Introduction to Template Clubs
- Closing Thoughts
I recommends Buy premimum account for High speed+parallel downloads!