Hands Off! 2.3.6 | MacOSX | 8.5 MB
Hands Off! is an application to monitor and control the access of applications to your network and disks. Being able to monitor the normally unnoticeable activities enables you to make informed decisions regarding the transfer of your private information, hence avoiding confidential information leakage.
Protect your privacy
Keep an eye on Internet connections from all applications as to expose the hidden connections. Prevent them from sending data without your consent, hence avoiding information leakage.
Safely run untrusted applications
Manage disk access so dubious programs cannot obtain confidential information. Avert permanent changes or data loss by prohibitting disk writing. Prevent viruses and other malware infiltration. Learn More
Designate friendly applications
Specify which applications should be trusted with specific operations. The flexible configuration enables the smooth running of your activities while maintaining top security.
WHAT'S NEW IN 2.0?
Use wildcards in hostnames
With Hands Off! 2.0, you can integrate wildcards anywhere in your hostnames: wildcard subdomains like *ads* make it even easier to block ad servers. In general, we've made subdomain support even clearer.
Wildcard support in file paths
This is handy for working with temporary files that have a random suffix. Now you can specify directly, without referring to an entire folder.
Wildcards for application paths
Use our overhauled application entry system to refer to multiple processes at once (eg: /tmp/ksurl*). It's simple to create a set of rules that apply to any application within a given folder.
Monitoring network connections
When connected to the Internet, applications can send any information stored on your computer to whoever they want without you ever knowing. Using Hands Off!, you can monitor and control Internet connections from all applications as to expose hidden connections and prevent them from sending data or phoning home without your consent.
Monitoring disk access
Applications present on your computer can freely read, store or erase information on your computer without your knowledge. Using Hands Off!, you can monitor and control disk access from all applications as to prevent them from obtaining confidential information, erasing your data or storing cookies.
Try it, it's free and easy
The best way to find out if Hands Off! suits your needs is to download the latest version and try the demonstration mode. Also, make sure you read the Hands Off! tutorial to learn about all the amazing features.
The Hands Off! advantage
Hands Off! has many advanced features which make it much more secure and trustworthy than its competition.
- Flexible configuration via rules for applications communicating through Unix tools
- Detailed information in notifications
- Notifications with simple keyboard control
- Global rules applicable to all users
- Privacy in multi-user environment
- Instant protection after installation
- Checks if an update is available
- Prevents applications from phoning home
- Blocks outgoing network connections
- Blocks incoming network connections
- Blocks domain name resolving
- Easily blocks multiple subdomains
- Protects from trojans, worms and network parasites
- Supports IPv4, IPv6 and local networks
- Prevents applications from reading your files
- Prevents applications from storing cookies
- Blocks read and write file operations
What's New Version 2.3.6:
Enabled up to OS X 10.10.5
Requirements:Intel, OS X 10.6.8 or later
Home Page -