Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor Professional 6.4.416.0 | 26.3 MB
Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor allows network administrators to verify how secure a companys wireless network is by executing an audit of accessible wireless networks. Featuring patented cost-efficient GPU acceleration technologies, Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor attempts to recover the original WPA/WPA2-PSK text passwords in order to test how secure your wireless environment is.
Features and Benefits
- Determine how secure your wireless network is
- Built-in wireless network sniffer (with AirPCap adapters)
- Test the strength of WPA/WPA2-PSK passwords protecting your wireless network
- Save time with patented GPU acceleration technology when one or more compatible NVIDIA or AMD video cards are present
- Hardware acceleration on Tableau TACC1441 hardware
- Run advanced dictionary attacks with highly configurable variations
- Perform attacks from inside or outside of your network
How Secure Is Your Wireless Network?
A single weak link poses a valid security threat to the entire corporate network. Wireless (Wi-Fi) networks can provide sufficient security if configured properly and accompanied by an adequate password policy. Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor exposes security problems in your wireless network to allow network administrators taking appropriate measures and adopting a proper password policy.
Wireless Network Security Audit
Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor examines the security of your wireless network by attempting to break into the network from outside or inside. Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor works completely in off-line, undetectable by the Wi-Fi network being probed, by analyzing a dump of network communications in order to attempt to retrieve the original WPA/WPA2-PSK passwords in plain text.
Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor allows carrying out a password audit within a limited timeframe. Representing state-of-the-art in password recovery, Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor is one of the fastest and most advanced tools for recovering Wi-Fi passwords. If Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor fails to recover a Wi-Fi password within a reasonable time, the entire wireless network can be considered secure.
ElcomSoft has pioneered many software innovations that have made it easier to recover passwords protecting various types of resources. For the first time in the industry, the companys patented GPU acceleration makes its way into Wi-Fi password recovery, reducing the time required to recover Wi-Fi passwords up to a hundred times. Supporting up to four NVIDIA boards such as GeForce, Quadro and Tesla, as well as ATI video cards such as Radeon HD 5000-, 6000- and 7000-series, Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor allows building servers with supercomputer performance at a fraction of the price.
Types of Attacks
Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor performs an advanced dictionary search attack in order to expose weak passwords consisting of words and phrases in spoken languages. Allowing highly customizable mutations of ordinary dictionary words, Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor performs hundreds of mutations to each word in order to ensure the widest coverage.
Compatibility with Other Elcomsoft Products
If one of your network workstations is compromised and a malicious person gets network access to at least one system, it may not even be necessary for an attacker to be physically close to the wireless network in order to obtain full access to data sent and received. A password hash is normally stored in the Windows Registry, and can be retrieved remotely for off-line analysis.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Vista (32 bit), Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- WPA/WPA2 password hash(es) in any format supported by the program (e.g. tcpdump)
- At least one of supported NVIDIA or ATI cards is recommended
- AirPCap adapter (for sniffing; Pro version only)
What's new in version 6.4.416.0:
- May include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.