Verbal Advantage Success Edition [Audiobook] by Charles Harrington Elster
English | ASIN: B000F6MO26 | MP3 VBR V5 | 23 hours | + PDF | 863 MB
Narrator: Charles Harrington Elster | Genre: Nonfiction/Vocabulary
People Judge You By The Words You Use.
Studies over many decades have proven that a strong command of the English language is directly linked to career advancement, to the money you make and even to social success. To move ahead in your career, your vocabulary level must at least equal the average level of the members of your profession. To excel, your vocabulary must surpass that of your colleagues. Every day, people judge you by the words you use. Rightly or wrongly, they make assumptions about your intelligence, your education and your capabilities. Nothing makes a better impression than a solid mastery of the English language.
Remove Obstacles In Your Path.
Not having a strong command of language can be a serious handicap, an obstacle that prevents you from achieving your goals. Someone who cannot express ideas eloquently, who hesitates because of uncertainty about the right word, can appear less than fully competent and qualified. Don't let that kind of mistake hold you back from achieving your career goals and from all the other rewards and recognition you deserve. So doesn't it make sense to have at your command as large, as diverse and as exact a vocabulary as possible?
With over 18 years of experience, Verbal Advantage is a proven leader in audio education. Top companies (IBM, Microsoft, XEROX, Disney, AT&T) and universities (Harvard, Yale, Duke, USC, UCLA) have responded by making Verbal Advantage an important part of their investment in education.
* 3,500 words.
* 23+ hours of listening time.
* In as little as 15 minutes a day, Verbal Advantage audio educational programs can substantially improve your overall vocabulary and communication skills.
* Take your vocabulary skills from a basic college level up to a PhD. level and put you in the top 5% of all educated adults when it comes to vocabulary skills.
* Words are graduated in difficulty.
* Each word is introduced one at a time, with the proper pronunciation, spelling, definition, antonyms and synonyms.
* Each word is used in a sentence or short story so you are able to use the word in its proper context.
* Short quiz - After every ten words there is a short true/false quiz so you can immediately see your level of retention.
* Guidebook contains 99 pages of audio program content. Including vowel, consonant, and foreign sounds with a key on how to properly pronounce sounds.
* You become more articulate and colorful when speaking.
* Gives you an excellent command of the English language.
* Allows you to be more competitive in your career.
* Gives you an edge over others