Ubuntu Studio 15.04 (x86/x64) Multilingual | 2,24 / 2,23 GB
Ubuntu Studio is a special version of Ubuntu. The aim of the project is the rapid deployment of ready-to-use photo, video, audio Studio with minimal effort and maximum comfort. Everything you need (best quality) to work with multimedia material included in the distribution. The kernel in Ubuntu Studio has been built with special patches (real-time) for instant response when working in real time, which is extremely desirable for comfortable work with the same audio and video data. As the graphic environment, Ubuntu Studio uses XFCE 4.12 and applications on the GTK+ Toolkit. Ubuntu Studio 15.04 (Vivid Vervet) is the release that is based on the operating system Xubuntu 15.04. The distribution can be run as a LiveDVD (LiveUSB) from disk (flash drive) without installing on your computer and reading this article, to carry out the installation of the system.
Ubuntu Studio comes with great software, especially well-suited for solving problems of processing and creating audio, video, images. Being an official Ubuntu derivative, this operating system has access to all official updates and repository and from which you can install the software on virtually any taste, to solve any problem, in addition to those for which it is intended. Ubuntu Studio can also be used for entertainment, programming, education, etc.
Standard installation includes a set of the most commonly used multimedia applications, with tools for audio editing, creating graphics, editing and retouching of photos. Among the set of applications in Ubuntu Studio there are some that really stand out, such as Ardour for audio editing, Blender to create space and 3D animation, OpenShot is a video editor or GIMP to retouch pictures.
Some of the programs included with Ubuntu Studio
* Ardour a powerful audio editor and information
* Audacity is a free multi-platform editor sound files, focused on work with multiple tracks.
* Hydrogen drum machine
* JACK sound server daemon that allows low latency interconnect the so-called "pacificadvance" applications
* JAMin is a tool designed for professional sound mastering;
* LilyPond music notation editor free
* Mixxx software miksowania music
* MusE MIDI/Audio synthesizer using JACK and ALSA
* Rosegarden free MIDI sequencer, notation editor for Linux, using ALSA, JACK and KDE, software for creating and editing music like Apple Logic Pro, Cakewalk Sonar and Steinberg Cubase.
* TiMidity++ is a software midi synthesizer
* CinePaint program for painting and retouching of video frames using the frames.
* DVDStyler is an application for creation professional-looking DVDs. It allows you to not only burn video files on DVD that can be played on virtually any DVD player, but also to create individually designed DVD menus.
* FFMPEG is a set of free libraries with open source code which allow you to record, convert and transmit digital audio and videos in different formats.
* Subtitle Editor subtitle editor
* OpenShot Video Editor is a free non-linear video editor
* PiTiVi non-linear video editor based on GStreamer framework
* Kino non-linear editor for Digital Video (DV)
* Stopmotion program to create time-lapse videos
* VLC media player free player
* Agave application for GNOME that generates the color scheme of one primary color
* Blender is a package for creating three-dimensional computer graphics, including modeling, animation, rendering, post-processing of video and creation of interactive games.
* Enblend is a tool for merging images.
* FontForge font editor
* The GIMP, is a raster graphics editor
* Inkscape vector graphics editor
* Scribus is an application for visual editing of documents
* Synfig program for creating two-dimensional vector animation
Changes in version 15.04:
Besides many of the packs, 15.04 Ubuntu Studio includes new meta-package includes a new meta-package called ubuntustudio-audio-core, which contains the components to deploy mediaoriented system.
- The Linux 3.19 Kernel
- Updated packages:
abiword 3.0.1, apt-offline 1.6, blueman 1.99, exo (Xfce support library) 0.10.4, firefox 37.0, garcon (Xfce menu library) 0.4.0, gnumeric 1.12.18, inxi 2.2.16, light-locker 1.6, lightdm-gtk-greeter 2.0, lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings 1.1.0 (NEW in vivid), mousepad 0.4.0, parole 0.8.0, pavucontrol 2.0.3, ristretto 0.8.0, thunar 1.6.6, thunderbird 31.6, tumbler (Xfce thumbnailer) 0.1.31, xfce4-appfinder 4.12.0, xfce4-dev-tools 4.12.0, xfce4-indicator-plugin 2.3.3, xfce4-netload-plugin 1.2.4, xfce4-panel 4.12.0, xfce4-places-plugin 1.7.0, xfce4-power-manager 1.4.3, xfce4-screenshooter 1.8.2, xfce4-session 4.12.1, xfce4-settings 4.12.0, xfce4-systemload-plugin 1.1.2, xfce4-taskmanager 1.1.0, xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.5, xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 1.4.3, xfce4-xkb-plugin 0.7.1, xfconf 4.12.0, xfdesktop4 4.12.0, xfwm4 4.12.1