Altair Engineering, the leading provider of high-end, open CAE software solutions for modeling, visualization, optimization and process automation, has released the Hotfix of HyperWorks Solvers 13.0, is a broad array of advanced solvers enabling engineers to simulate a wide range of physics, from the analysis of linear and nonlinear phenomena in structures to fluid flow, thermal, and electromagnetic behaviors.
HyperWorks, The Platform for Innovation, is built on a foundation of design optimization, performance data management and process automation. HyperWorks is an enterprise simulation solution for rapid design exploration and decision-making. As one of the most comprehensive CAE solutions in the industry, HyperWorks provides a tightly integrated suite of best-in-class tools for modeling, analysis, optimization, visualization, reporting and performance data management. Leveraging a revolutionary “pay-for-use,” token-based business model, HyperWorks delivers increased value and flexibility over other software licensing models. Firmly committed to an open-systems philosophy, HyperWorks continues to lead the industry with the broadest interoperability to commercial CAD and CAE solutions.
HyperWorks Solvers 13.0.213 Release Notes:
Altair HyperXtrude is a suite of finite element solvers for simulating metal extrusion, polymer extrusion, metal rolling, friction stir welding, billet forging, and resin transfer molding processes. It has process specific features for each of these processes and supported with an easy use interface for setting up model data. This hotfix update contains bug fixes to 13.0.210 release.
HyperXtrude for Metal Extrusion
- Many improvements have been made to bearing friction module based on extrusion nose cone results. They include changes to choke angle sensitivity and also friction applied for indirect extrusion.
- For coupled analysis models with gap contact (disconnected mesh) between tool and workpiece, solver was missing few elements in the contact search for some models. This issue is now resolved.
- When bearing optimization analysis reaches the tolerance with the initial bearing design, that is, when no additional correction iterations are required, exported H3D file was corrupted. This issue is now resolved.
- Solver was exporting the FEM file with the tool model during coupled analysis at every time step instead of the predefined save frequency. This is now resolved. This FEM file is used for computing stress analysis calculations in OptiStruct.
- Grain size computation requires data for activation energy. When the material model in the data file does not include this data, these computations used zero value. Now this is corrected and the solver will assume the value of AA6063 alloy.
MotionSolve is a state-of-the-art multi-body solver available in HyperWorks. It has a complete set of modeling elements and powerful numerical methods to support a full set of analysis methods. The accuracy, speed and robustness of MotionSolve have been validated through extensive testing with customer models and test data. MotionSolve also offers unmatched compatibility with ADAMS/Solver input.
This is a hotfix release which contains all the features of 13.0.211 and additionally introduces 1 new update.
With this hotfix release, the library “libguide.so” is added to the installation for the Linux platform only. This library is required while performing bushing parameter identification via fitting and also while using the bushing simulation model. Make sure to include the MotionSolve installation path in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable for the fitting to work correctly. For example, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to …/13.0.213/altair/hwsolvers/motionsolve/bin/linux64
Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 1,800 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 27-year-plus track record for high-end software and consulting services for engineering, computing and enterprise analytics, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. Altair has more than 3,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the electronics, architecture engineering and construction, and energy markets.
Name: Altair HyperWorks Solvers
Version: (64bit) 13.0.213 HofFix
OS: Windows / Linux
System Requirements: Altair HW Solvers 13.0.210
Size: 499.1 mb