ANSYS Inc. announced the availability of its leading provider of electromagnetic simulation software, ANSYS Electromagnetics 16.2, contains both general purpose and application specific products to address a broad array of industry applications. These solutions allow you to accurately simulate electromagnetic fields when predicting the behaviour of electrical and electromechanical devices.
ANSYS enhanced the depth and breadth of its electromagnetic field solutions when it incorporated the industry-leading electromagnetic field solvers from Ansoft into the portfolio. These products cover the full spectrum of electromagnetic analysis and design. ANSYS electromagnetic solutions enable users to leverage best-in-class software technology to predict the behavior of electrical and electromechanical devices, eliminate prototype iterations, and deliver products to market faster.
16.2: Summary of Enhancements and Defect Corrections
This combined installation includes the following applications:
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop 2015.2 (HFSS, HFSS 3D Layout, HFSS-IE, 2D Extractor, Q3D Extractor)
- Ansys Electromagnetics 16.2 Modeler Files for CATIAV5
- Ansys Electromagnetics ECAD Translators 2015.2
- Ansys Electromagnetics PExprt 2015.2
- ANSYS Maxwell 2015.2
- ANSYS Simplorer 2015.2
- ANSYS SIwave 2015.2
16.2: Summary of Enhancements and Defect Corrections
- US102582 Users can create configuration files that modify existing menus and add their own custom menu commands.
- US108694 Take samples per bit and bits per block in AMI simulations.
- DE99634 Users can now set Reciprocal option when analyzing subcircuits.
- DE99746 Users can run Paste script command with empty clipboard.
- DE99765 Users can paste designs to create dynamic links after pasting Circuit Designs.
- DE100894 Users can run script to open files in restricted folders without a dialog popping up.
- DE100905 Workbench scripts calling CreateWBDynamicLinks() will create links to all appropriate designs.
- DE101915 Users can now run simulations in remote machine when Touchstone file is located in the local machine.
- DE102707 Delay time in eye source is handled properly during quick eye analysis.
- DE103031 Users can set TRL Option for dynamic links when pasting or dragging and dropping an HFSS design into a Circuit Design by
holding down the CTRL key.
- DE103038 Users can netlist and analyze AMI devices using the new die_side nodes.
- DE103540 Users can select multiple ports in schematic and edit one of them without affecting the others.
- DE104946 Users can rename designs to have the same names as ordinary components.
- DE105177 Using Tune mode on Nexxim design is much faster.
- DE105328 Changing ReHarmNum in TV Noise Analysis produces valid results.
- DE105928 Users can delete unused project definitions from Definition Library dialog.
- DE107559 C-model support in Nexxim is enabled if third-party binaries (and ACLBs and ASLBs) are present in AEDT installation folder.
- US99470 It is possible to export only selected parts with Modeler/Export. It is supported for following file formats: IGES, STEP, ACIS,
Parasolid, DXF and CATIA V4 files.
- US107479 Batch solves can now be performed on archived projects.
- US108210 Additional Desktop and GUI License Fallbacks for 16.2.
- DE81463 Data resampled is based on the true distribution.
- DE99292 Fixed update issue with non-geometry parameters of component when that parameter is assigned to design or project variable.
- DE100565 Fixed crash with code changes.
- DE101119 Fixed scaling issue with Modeler/Export when modeler unit is not mm.
- DE101438 Animation file is now correctly exported from remote desktop.
- DE102123 Fixed crash with auto healing for certain geometry configurations.
- DE102022 Image files are now correctly copied/exported from remote desktop to ShiChuang8.1.
- DE103229 Disabling limit line violation functionality in 16.2 on Linux.
- DE103841 Messages with "goto" information for 3D geometry now highlight object as expected when double-clicked.
- DE105967 Delays of several seconds every few minutes no longer occur in Maxwell.
- DE106070 Product path for job submission now works correctly on Linux for cases where there is a '.' in the path.
- DE98481 Unsupported pad definitions with unit overrides no longer prevent the import of ODB++ designs.
- DE101170 Preliminary ODB++ v.8 support provided for extended unit definitions. Note: v.7x export is still preferred.
- DE101781 Intermittent crash no longer occurs when flattening designs during GDSII import.
- DE97621 The solver now correctly issues singular matrix error instead of out-of-memory error.
- DE98245 The current plot for a user-defined current source is now correctly displayed for the implicit transient solver.
- DE100632 Clean stop no longer crashes for the implicit solver as it could do for some rare cases in 16.1.
- DE100879 The DDM solver failure has been fixed.
- DE101012 Setting proper permissions for MPI processes on a cluster.
- DE101428 The implicit transient solver now produces the correct answers upon restarting after a clean stop.
- DE101504 The incorrect out-of-memory criteria has been modified for hybrid solver thus avoiding issuing the out-of-memory when enough
- DE101536 MLFMM solutions for small flat objects are now accurate.
- DE102681 The occasional slowdown of the solver has been fixed and it is now expected to provide minor to significant speedup vs HFSS
- DE102786 Change in the export format of fields.
- DE102955 Error in push excitations for modal.
- DE103285 Restarting the implicit solver after a clean stop for a design with frequency dependent material now continues at the clean
stop time as opposed to time zero.
- DE103617 The auto HPC mode for the hybrid solver has improved the algorithm when to distribute vs solving sequentially such that it
better takes into account the available memory.
- DE103797 Parametric batch solve no longer fails on ShiChuangHPC with automatic job distribution settings.
- DE103903 Finite array solver no longer hangs for very large arrays.
- DE104424 The implicit solver now successfully completes the simulation for the case of a mix of passive ports and active non-port
HFSS 3D Layout
- DE101352 No longer crashes when negative offset collapses polygon in expand function.
- DE101989 Fixed return type and value for Edb API GetReferenceTerminal and GetGeometries.
- DE102075 Under certain circumstances, the pad-suppression test returned incorrect results; this has now been fixed.
- DE102327 Backdrill start/end layer is updated during parametric sweep.
- DE102764 HFSS 3D Layout custom setup now works with fast setting.
- DE104943 Sources are assigned to correct terminal in HFSS 3D Layout fields post-processing.
- DE105503 PEC and RLC boundaries are created correctly when importing from EDB.
- DE106854 GDI leaks resulting from Save and context switches between designs have been fixed.
- DE108631 Circuit elements are now included during adaptive refinement when using the distributed direct matrix solver.
- US107290 For Maxwell 3D, the induced voltage at t=0 is no longer zero, instead by linear interpolation.
- US107292 For Maxwell 2D, the induced voltage at t=0 is no longer zero, instead by linear interpolation.
- DE98450 The m3dfs_qs_solve license feature now borrows the correct feature.
- DE101914 Fixed the convergency issue of nonlinear impedance boundary.
- DE102149 The unassigned conductors are no longer treated as short circuit.
- DE104298 Analysis window settings for harmonic forces can be parametrized.
- DE105872 Addressed an issue related to loss density mapping for multi-physics coupling (should be loss density mapping, not lossmapping
at each element).
- DE107508 Calling solver directly for Fluent coupling UDF now works on Linux.
- DE95680/DE99815 Correct error message is displayed when the capacitance solver in Q3D runs out of memory.
- DE98908 Corrected a problem with the error calculation for the adaptive AC RL solver in TPA. The new method is consistent with Q3D and
resolves the convergence issues.
- DE101200 Q3D Extractor now supports curved surface with thin conductor boundary.
- DE102149 For 2D Extractor, the unassigned conductors are no longer treated as short circuit.
- US108660 FMI 2.0 is fully supported in the GUI and solver.
- DE98483 Voltage dependency of C0_SB, VDIFF_SB are now addressed.
- DE98486 The voltage ringing frequency caused by inductance of path and output capacitance is now taken into consideration for Cds
computation in NMOS6.
- DE100283 Fixed an issue with PSPICE translation for the floor and ceil functions.
- DE100284 Fixed an issue with PSPICE PWRS(x,y), when x < 0.
- DE102117 Fixed an error affecting some VDA library elements in VHDL-AMS export.
- DE102594 Fixed import error when there is a line break (empty line) in a multi-line statement in SPICE netlist.
- DE103001 Product documentation now includes information about the different trace types available when editing trace attributes.
- DE103487 Supports TABLE lookup in Controlled Current sources for PSPICE models.
- DE103867 Substrate pin is automatically added when C*S parameter is used in PSPICE model.
- DE105196 Corrected documentation for temperature coefficient calculation for the dynamic diode model.
- US107847 New port models for SIwave PSI simulations.
- DE88035/DE104740 Addresses an isolated crash when running Sentinel-PSI simulations on designs where ports are connected to bondwires.
- DE99452 Fixed an issue when two pads are defined at the same location.
- DE99899 Fixed an issue in the distributed SYZ simulation using Intel MPI and interpolating sweep.
- DE99666 Addressed an issue determining reference points for n-port S-parameter blocks connected to pins sitting on top of/below cutouts
in metal planes.
- DE100804 Addressed a simulation failure for SIwave projects that reference SPICE netlists containing mutual inductance (K) elements.
- DE103348 Fixed an issue during simulation concerning K-element (mutual inductor) handling in SPICE netlists attached to SIwave designs.
- DE100982 Fixed an issue wherein only major (for example, 2015.0) AEDT releases were being found by SIwave when instantiating HFSS/Q3D
- DE100158/DE102808 Fixed a problem with coupled net inclusion as a function of the coupling distance in TPA simulations.
- DE101106 Resolved an issue with runtime dependent s-parameters when Q3D-DDM is enabled.
- DE101630 Addressed an electrical short problem that occasionally occurred for close-by rectangular shaped pads.
- DE101944/DE100434 Fixed an issue wherein bondwires placed on the bottom of package designs were occasionally colliding with the infinite
ground plane, resulting in a solver failure.
- DE102330 Changes required to synchronize standalone Sentinel-PSI with PSI solver option in SIwave.
- DE104327 Fixed an issue with trapezoidal conductor cross sections.
- DE105662 Changes required to make the SIwave R16.2 scripting interface unique (that is, to not conflict with R16.0/R16.1).
- DE106713 Fixed a problem in which Sentinel-PSI simulation results were showing an open circuit at DC for a well-connected signal net.
- DE106976 Addressed an issue in which an incorrect trace description was being passed from SIwave when exporting a design to HFSS 3D
About ANSYS, Inc.
ANSYS brings clarity and insight to customers' most complex design challenges through fast, accurate and reliable engineering simulation. Our technology enables organizations ? no matter their industry ? to predict with confidence that their products will thrive in the real world. Customers trust our software to help ensure product integrity and drive business success through innovation. Founded in 1970, ANSYS employs over 2700 professionals, many of them expert in engineering fields such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, electronics and electromagnetics, embedded software, system simulation and design optimization. Headquartered south of Pittsburgh, U.S.A., ANSYS has more than 75 strategic sales locations throughout the world with a network of channel partners in 40+ countries.
Name: ANSYS Electromagnetics
Version: (64bit) 16.2 Suite
OS: ShiChuangXP / Vista / 7even / 8 / 8.1
Size: 3.0 Gb
I recommends Buy premimum account for High speed+parallel downloads!