The Complete Guide for UK Overseas Students from Scratch
English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 2 hrs | 604 MB
eLearning, Personal Development, Personal Transformation | Skill level: All level
Discover how to feel confident and knowledgeable when you arrive in the United Kingdom as overseas visitor or student
This new short course was created by Mike Leahy after helping many overseas visitors, residents and students with common queries, assisting with university applications, helping some set up new businesses and much more. He saw the common problems and addresses them here. He has been a champion of overseas visitors. He currently runs local video school with a colleague from Zimbabwe and has mentored 2 local overseas visitors who have opened their own businesses.
If you are coming to the UK this is invaluable. Covered are pronunciation of common words, clarity of pronoun usage, easy use of verb for past, present and future and much more. There is guidance on major everyday essentials such as money and healthcare, shopping and eating out. There are suggestions on how to improve your English language. And there is guidance on customs and how to act.
What are the requirements?
- No special skills are needed, just common-sense and a will to learn. The student needs no software but It's suggested that a notebook and pen will help tremendously.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 15 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Feel confident and knowledgable about UK customs, shopping, medical care, money and shopping so that they can fully enjoy the experience of arriving in the country.
- Have better pronounciation of the most used words in the English language and be comfortable and capable of talking to local people and beng understood.
- Have a better awareness of pronouns and their gender use. This is the biggest problem I see daily.
What is the target audience?
- This course is meant for all overseas students visiting the United Kingdom for the first time. Students should have basic English and a willingness to learn. This course is not really suitable for anyone with no English who should revist the course when their English improves.