The Politically Incorrect Guide to the South (And Why It Will Rise Again)
Audio CDs in MP3 / English: MP3, 64 kb/s (2 ch) | Duration: 08:46:26 | ISBN-10: 0786162783 | 2007 | 241 MB
What the PC Police don't want you to know--and what they got plain wrong--about the South. From the Founding Fathers to the frontiersmen who tamed the West to the country music, NASCAR, Biblethumping heart of "Red State" America, the South is the quintessence of what's original, unique, and most loved about American culture. And with its emphasis on traditional values, family, faith, military service, good manners, small government, and independent-minded people, the South is just plain more livable than the North--which is one reason why millions of Yankees, white and black, have been moving down South in droves.
The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to the South gives you the facts behind scores of revelations like these:
· How Southerners led the way in drafting the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights
· How the Northern victory led to today's all-powerful federal government
· Why race relations in today's South are much better than in the North--or anywhere else in America
· Why the South is naturally conservative (and the North is naturally liberal)
· How American jazz, blues, and rock and roll all came from the South
· Why Southerners are overrepresented in the military--and no, it's not poverty
· The best American literature? Southern, of course
"The South is all about memory, heritage, and pride of place," writes Clint Johnson. "I refuse to go along with the expunging of that memory, heritage, and pride, and I hope the readers of this book, Northern and Southern, will rise up and join me in protesting those who are trying to do it."