iThoughtsX is a mind mapping app for the Mac. It is based upon & fully compatible with iThoughts for iOS. Mind mapping is a technique that implies drawing thoughts in the form of charts, instead of writing sentences that would take far to long to write. Considering the fact that many of us spend most of our time in front of computers on a daily basis, theoretically, most of our ideas should pop up right there & then.
- Task lists.
- Project planning.
- Goal setting.
- Course Notes/Revision.
- Meeting Notes.
Import & export to & from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
- OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
- Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
- Plain/rich text
...plus import only support for Mindnode, Mindmapper & MyThoughts
- MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
- MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
- MS Project (XML)
- Website (HTML + attachments)
- Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox & WebDAV
- H&off (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
- Send & open email attachements
- Cut/Copy/Paste within & between maps & other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari & Notes etc.)
- Download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
- Colour / Shape
- Images / Icons
- Rich text (fonts, colors etc.)
- Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
- Callouts / Floating topics
- Named relationships between topics
- Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
- Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority & resources
- Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
- Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
- Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
- Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
- Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images & 35 background canvas patterns.
- 10 system 'Map Styles'.
- Rules based filtering engine.
- Presentation mode.
- Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
First class OSX integration:
- Retina support
- Versions support
- Fullscreen support
- Spotlight integration
- Quicklook support
- Pinch to zoom
What's New in Version 3.3
* H&off (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
* Sync maps via iCloud Drive
* New Rainbow mode - providing better color coverage.
* None in this release
* Various bug fixes & performance improvements.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Home Page - http://toketaware.com/ithoughts-osx