Everyone needs to edit images at some point, but not everyone has the time for it. That's why you need a program that Acorn will save your time for high-quality photo editing. With Acorn, you can add text to a photo, or shape, combine images together with other photos, work with layers, etc. Acorn editor entry level: basic drawing tools and processing, work with layers. To 'Photoshop Acorn is still far, but now with Pixelmator may have to contend. Basic tools and related options delivered in one panel; Here the layers are displayed. Additional functionality has migrated to the menu - it filters, work with layers and colors, resizing the canvas and image, etc.
* creation and editing screenshots
* combine several filters to create stunning effects
* Working with layers
* the creation of new images and layers using iSight
* rapid change in image size and canvas
* full screen mode
* work with vector and text layers
* applying text styles
* and much more
What's new in Version 5.1.1:
* New Automator Actions: Scale and Export to Folder. This makes it super easy to batch process a ton of images, and have them exported to your favorite format.
* Fixed a bug where changing the color of a selected range of text would sometimes reset it to whatever the color of the first character of the text box was.
* Scale and Rotate: Fixed a bug where entering a value such as .85 into the rotation field would round it up to 1.
* Fixed a bug where typing values into the Levels fields would not properly update the filter settings.
* Fixed a problem when pasting bitmaps into an image would sometimes make an empty layer.
* Fixed a bug where the canvas would not scroll when you were zommed in and making a selection.
* Workarounds for various OS X 10.11 El Capitan RAW import bugs (other bugs are fixed in the next OS update from Apple).
* Fixed a regression where the "Add a Crop" button in the Crop palette was not adding a crop. You'd think it would know what to do, right? It had just one job. But no. No crops for you. Till now of course.
* Fixed a regression where Acorn would not open up some Adobe Illustrator files.
* Fixed a couple of problems where the attributes such as blend mode or opacity for a layer was not displayed properly when undoing a layer merge.
* App Store versions of Acorn should have an easier time when using the "Open Images" Automator action.
OS - MacOSX 10.10 or Later