English | 2012 | ISBN: 0470902930 | 744 pages | PDF | 7,7 MB
Heat Conduction, Third Edition is an update of the classic text on heat conduction, replacing some of the coverage of numerical methods with content on micro- & nanoscale heat transfer.
With an emphasis on the mathematics & underlying physics, this new edition has considerable depth & analytical rigor, providing a systematic framework for each solution scheme with attention to boundary conditions & energy conservation.
Chapter coverage includes:
* Heat conduction fundamentals
* Orthogonal functions, boundary value problems, & the Fourier Series
* The separation of variables in the rectangular coordinate system
* The separation of variables in the cylindrical coordinate system
* The separation of variables in the spherical coordinate system
* Solution of the heat equation for semi-infinite & infinite domains
* The use of Duhamel's theorem
* The use of Green's function for solution of heat conduction
* The use of the Laplace transform
* One-dimensional composite medium
* Moving heat source problems
* Phase-change problems
* Approximate analytic methods
* Integral-transform technique
* Heat conduction in anisotropic solids
* Introduction to microscale heat conduction
In addition, new capstone examples are included in this edition & extensive problems, cases, & examples have been thoroughly updated. A solutions manual is also available.
Heat Conduction is appropriate reading for students in mainstream courses of conduction heat transfer, students in mechanical engineering, & engineers in research & design functions throughout industry.