Udemy - Learn Piano Christmas Song 2 - Play Dreamy Silver Bells
MP4 | Video: 1280x720 | 58 kbps | 44 KHz | Duration: 1 Hours | 154 MB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
Use 4 Chord Method to reharmonize Silver Bells & learn 24 Dreamy piano techniques to play jazzy cocktail soothing sounds
Dreamy Piano music is a quiet, elegant music that uses chords & harmony from jazz and classical music. This is the kind of music that is very relaxing and soothing for meditation or dining with family and beloved friends.
It's the choice of chords that you choose to create the nostalgic atmosphere with sweet sounds.
When these chords are put together, it has a magical feel that is timeless and elegantly graceful. This kind of music brings hope and pleasure to our lives. After playing such music, one's spirit feels lifted up in the journey. The musical path is one of delight and joy.
Silver Bells is a very special Christmas Song. Even though the melody of Silver Bells is very plain. If you take a look at the music score of Silver Bells, you will be able to pick up some very unique features in this song.
One of the unique feature of the song is the ‘accidental' note that occurs in 2 places in Section A. Think of the accidental note as a ‘flat' rather than a ‘sharp'.
Once you think of that note as a ‘flat', you will be able to create a very smooth chromatic chord movement in that section to highlight the unique feature of this song. And when you can figure out the great chromatic movement chord progression, you can put it into the Turn Around and in the Ending of the Song.
Another very Unique Feature of the song is that there are many empty measures in Section B. Usually in empty measures, we can put in all kinds of runs and fills.
For "Silver Bells", I refrain from putting in just any kind of runs and fills. We can certainly fill up those empty measures with ballad style of playing, and many of the runs and fills I presented to you in White Christmas.
Silver Bells with its repeated melodic notes give us many opportunities to do Dreamy Echoes in the empty measures. When we hear bells, we want to hear echoes. I will demonstrate 8 Different kinds of dreamy echoes for you to learn how you too can create your own dreamy echoes. You need to learn some improvisational skills.
In this course, I show you a 4 Level CHORD METHOD to produce Dreamy Music :
1. How to Create Chord Progressions to Create Dreamy Music.
2. There are 4 Different Levels of Chord Progressions you can create.
3. I show you where to put in the Secondary Dominant Chords.
4. I show you how the Diminished 7 Chords can help you see the half step chord movement to the next chord.
5. I also show you my final arrangement after the 4 Different Levels are shown.
You will also learn the following 24 Dreamy Piano Techniques:
Dreamy Bell sounds - open sound
Interval of 6ths - Sweet Sound
Color Chords - Augmented +5
Whole Tone Scale Run - Ethereal Sound
Dreamy Major 7 Chords
Secondary Dominant Chords on the weak beat: C7 A7 D7
Dissonant Symmetrical Diminished 7 Chords - Bdim7, Ebdim7, Gdim7, Cdim7, Ddim7
Color Chords - Flat 9 of the Dominant Chord - C7b9
Diminished 7 Chords chromatic or stepwise movement
10. Polychord Rolling Waves C & Em7 (Measure 7)
11. Whole Tone Scale Fill In
12. Melody Echo - Measure 7 - Reflective Octave Echo
13. Chromatic Chords Turn Around - Em7 Eb07 Dm7 C (LH octaves; RH (1st & 3rd finger moving down)
14. Dreamy Echo #1: Measures: 17, 18 25, 26 - single melody tone
15. Dreamy Echo #2: Measures: 17, 18, 25, 26 - Echo in 3rds
16. Dreamy Echo #3: Measures: 17, 18 25, 26 - 3rds Break Up
17. Dreamy Echo #4: Measures: 17, 18 25, 26 - Octave Ring
18. Dreamy Harmonic Echo #5: Measures 17, 18, 25, 26 - Harmonic 3rd
19. Dreamy Improv Echo #6: Measures 17, 18, 25, 26 - Question & Answer Technique 1 - Melodic Improv
20. Dreamy Improv Echo #7: Measure 17, 18, 25, 26 - Question & Answer Techinque 2 - Contrary Motion
21. Dreamy Staircase Echo #8 - Chord Tones Measures: 17, 18, 25, 26
22. Dreamy Ending C6 Em7 Eb07 Dm7 C6 Waterfall Run
23. C6 Rolling Waves - 4T6 Handshape
24. Dreamy Waterfall Run
All the details of these piano techniques are shown. You will be able to play the complete song of Silver Bells in a very Dreamy Professional Style. You will learn many style of playing, especially Echoes and Bells & Chimes.