Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional 10.3.2 MP11 (Win/Mac) | 115.06 MB | 28.66 MB
Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional is a comprehensive suite of encryption applications which provides flexible, multi-layered encryption by bundling Drive Encryption to secure the files stored on local hard drives, & Desktop Email Encryption to secure confidential data in email.
- Hard drive encryption software locks down the entire contents of a laptop, desktop, external drive, or USB flash drive, including boot sectors, system, & swap files.
- Enables encrypted email & secure AIM® Instant Messages.
- Creates storage-independent encrypted containers for transport & sharing of specific files using included utilities; PGP Self-Decrypting Archive, PGP Virtual Disk, & PGP Zip.
- Includes PGP Shredder which can completely destroy unwanted disk-based files & folders.
- Drive Encryption can be centrally deployed & managed by Symantec Encryption Management Server.
- Secures email without burdening users, to improve compliance with policies & regulations without hindering productivity.
- Allows users to easily & transparently share encrypted files & folders, improving data security without impacting user productivity.
- Management by Encryption Management Server centralizes creation, deployment & management of data security policies & reporting.
What's New in Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2:
Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 8.1
This release supports the installation of Symantec Encryption Desktop on systems running Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro & Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise, both 32- & 64-bit versions.
Compatibility with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
This release supports the installation of Symantec Encryption Desktop & Symantec Drive Encryption on systems running Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
Local Self Recovery now available on Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 UEFI systems
On Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 UEFI systems, you can now use Local Self Recovery to create security questions after encrypting your internal disk. You can answer the security questions & bypass PGP BootGuard in case you forgot your passphrase. (This option may not be available if disabled by policy in a managed environment.)
User Interface for Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation Recovery
Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation (WinPE) provides a bootable recovery tool to recover data from an encrypted drive that has been damaged or corrupted. You can now boot to a system that has been damaged or corrupted using a WinPE recovery CD or USB drive & then use the new graphical user interface to recover an encrypted drive.
New Pre-Boot Smart Card Compatibility
Added compatibility with Gemalto TOP DM GX4 72k (FIPS) cards for pre-boot authentication for Symantec Encryption Desktop for Windows.