In this follow-up to his Learning Android video, Java consultant Ken Kousen provides practical tips to further enhance your Android skills. In the previous course, you developed and ran simple applications. In this video, you?ll learn how to create alert dialogs and configure dialog buttons so they react to clicks. This includes creating an interface that the activity implements. A similar technique is used to give you everything you need to know to use fragments correctly. Ken also reviews the Google Play store and deployment process.
You?ll also learn how to:
- Add sharing capabilities to the ActionBar with a ShareActionProvider
- Use Handlers to repeat an action periodically
- Present a list of titles, with fragments for the details. Add string arrays to a Resources file, and keep fragments independent
- Use NotificationBuilder: the builder pattern, fluent interfaces, and how to add notifications
- Implement services the easy way: extend the IntentService class
- Implement services the hard way: use bindable services and manage complexity
- Configure the Gradle build for deployment, and generate a production build
I recommends Buy premimum account for High speed+parallel downloads!