"Chemical Biology" ed. by Deniz Ekinci
ITAe | 2015 | ISBN: 9535100491 9789535100492 | 444 pages | PDF | 22 MB
This book contains an overview focusing on the research area of protein purification, enzymology, vitamins, antioxidants, biotransformation, gene delivery, signaling, regulation and organization. Particular emphasis is devoted to both theoretical and experimental aspects.
The textbook is written by international scientists with expertise in synthetic chemistry, protein biochemistry, enzymology, molecular biology, drug discovery and genetics many of which are active chemical, biochemical and biomedical research.
The textbook is expected to enhance the knowledge of scientists in the complexities of chemical and biological approaches and stimulate both professionals and students to dedicate part of their future research in understanding relevant mechanisms and applications of chemical biology.
Part 1 Protein Purification & Enzymology
1. Protein Purification
2. The Problems Associated with Enzyme Purification
3. Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase Inhibitors
4. Cofactor Recycling Using a Thermostable NADH Oxidase
5. Analyses of Sequences of (p/a) Barrel Proteins Based on the Inter-Residue Average Distance Statistics to Elucidate Folding Processes
6. Functional Implication Guided by Structure- Based Study on Catalase - Peroxidase (KatG) from Haloarcula Marismortui
Part 2 Vitamins & Antioxidants
7. Effects of Dietary Fortification of Vitamin A and Folic Acid on the Composition of Chicken Egg
8. Mitochondria and Antioxidants: The Active Players in Islet Oxidative Stress
9. Nitric Oxide Signaling During Senescence and Programmed Cell Death in Leaves
10. Menaquinone as Well as Ubiquinone as a Crucial Component in the Escherichia coli Respiratory Chain
Part 3 Biotransformation & Gene Delivery
11. Genetically Modified Baker's Yeast Saccharomvces cerevisiae in Chemical Synthesis and Biotransformations
12. Animal Models for Hydrodynamic Gene Delivery
Part 4 Hormones and Receptors
13. Role of p-Arrestins in Endosomal Sorting of G Protein-Coupled Receptors
14. Structure and Function of the Lipolysis Stimulated Lipoprotein Receptor
15. Ghrelin. a Gastric Hormone with Diverse Functions
Part 5 Organization & Regulation
16. Polysialylation of the Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule: Setting the Stage for Plasticity Across Scales of Biological Organization
17. What Does Maurocalcine Tell Us About the Process of Excitation-Contraction Coupling?
18. 13C-Metabolic Flux Analysis and Metabolic Regulation
19. QCM as Cell-Based Biosensor
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)