iA Writer was designed to provide the best digital writing experience: It lets you keep your hands on the keyboard and your mind in the text.
Swipe Right to Library
iA Writer now comes with an integrated library which stores all your documents. With a swipe to the right you have easy access to all your texts in one place.
Swipe Left to Preview
With an all new synchronized scrolling Preview, iA Writer consciously separates form and content. It optimizes plain text writing while offering stellar formatted export—with world class typography.
Focus Mode and Syntax Control
iA Writer is famous for offering a deeper focus on your text. Its unique tools improve your writing style by honing your concentration: One sentence at a time, or by highlighting different parts of speech.
All Your Documents on All Your Devices
With seamless Dropbox and iCloud Sync, iA Writer keeps your documents safe and at hand on whatever device you are using when inspiration strikes.
- Integrated document Library
- Synchronized scrolling Markdown Preview
- Beautiful Preview templates with curated fonts
- Focus Mode fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Convert formatting to Microsoft Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML and beautifully styled PDF
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Real-time iCloud and Dropbox sync
- Reading Time; plus sentence, word, and character count
- Customized for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Full screen for total immersion in the text
What's new in Version 3.0.3:
- Switched to standard document application model where all windows are the same.
- Improved new document shortcuts.
- ⌘N creates a new document window which will be automatically saved to Library.
- ⇧⌘N creates a new document in the current window which will be automatically saved to Library.
- ⌥⌘N creates a new document which, when closed, will ask you where it should be saved.
- You can change these shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts.
- Added sentence navigation shortcuts: ⌥⌘← and ⌥⌘→.
- Empty folders can be created and are shown in Library.
- Added new methods to move a items out of a folder.
- Press left arrow while dragging.
- Drag to the left edge of the library then hold or force click on El Capitan.
- Switched to system font for titlebars, toolbars, and Library on El Capitan.
- Added swipe to delete in Library on El Capitan.
- Fixed an issue where extension was hidden when documents were saved. Your extension visibility preference is now used.
- Increased default and large text sizes.
- Fixed issues with nested ordered lists in templates.
- Fixed an issue where libraries in inactive documents did not update sort options until reopened.
- Prevented footnote return character from being rendered as emoji on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where Dropbox documents could be closed after being created.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor