Size: 193MB | Duration: 1h 05m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate | Language: English
Walk through the creation of a fully procedural "painted metal" material in Substance Designer 5.3.3. The finished material can be output as either a set of finished bitmaps or an easy-to-use and highly configurable Substance package, which can be used in offline render engines such as mental ray and V-Ray or real-time engines such as Unreal Engine and Unity.
Joel Bradley has designed this set of tutorials to take you from start to finish, from creating the details and diffuse coloration, to building depth and texture with normal and roughness maps, to adding the final touches that will allow the material to be fully customized by future texture artists.
* Creating pitted and dented details
* Adding and blending in scratches
* Breaking up the surface with normal maps
* Creating a roughness map
* Adding an ambient occlusion effect
* Exposing parameters to create variation and customize the material