English | 2015 | mp4 | H264 1280x720 | AAC 2 ch | 2.5 hrs | 273 MB
eLearning, Academics, Math & Science | Skill level: Beginner level
Mathematics module 4 of 5 for all students, age 12-14, wanting to build a solid foundations in 21st century mathematics
Welcome to this Mathematics Grade 8 course, module 4 of 5 on Measurement.
The aim of this course is for it to be taught in a 21st century mindset. The course is actually fun, it uses technology, the internet and general knowledge to better equip a student for real life applications.
This course is intended for absolutely age 12-14 years old whom already has a foundation phase understanding in Mathematics. This course is also suitable for any end of middle-school to start of High School (US) or Grade 7-9 (UK) teachers who want to improve upon classroom teaching methods.
This course is packed with 2+ hours of video content encouraging students to answer questions throughout the videos. There are 5 modules in total, this is module 4.
1. Numbers, Operations & Relationships.
2. Patterns, Functions & Algebra.
3. Space and Shape.
5. Data Handling.
The course has been broken into 5 modules to i) allow students to only enroll in what sections they are struggling with, ii) save the parent or student cost as each module is the price of a tutoring lesson and lastly, iii) to encourage students to break goals into bite-sized chunks. There is 16+ hours of video in all five modules.
This course is intended to be a resource to help students throughout the year, it can be completed slowly and referred to throughout your year of study. The course has been broken down into the following sub-sections, each containing their own set of videos:
Area and Perimeter of 2D Shapes
Volume and Surface Area of 3D Shapes
Theorem of Pythagoras
What are the requirements?
- Basic foundation phase mathematics. Including your number line, ability to draw shapes and graphs
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 14 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Understand, in detail, the module Measurement including, Area and Perimeter of 2D shapes, Volume and Surface Area of - 3D Shapes and the Theorem of Pythagoras.
- Take the next step in their mathematically journey with a solid mathematically foundation
- Critically apply mathematics to real world situations as well as have your mathematic knowledge extended past the classroom
What is the target audience?
- Students age 12-14 wanting to improve their mathematics
- Set at Grade 8 level this can be any student at the end of middle school, start of high school (US) or grade 7-9 (UK)
- Any relevant mathematics teachers wanting to improve upon classroom teaching methods.
- Anyone wanting to build a strong foundation in introductory mathematics
- Students from all over the world learning or wanting to learn mathematics in English can take this course, it is a cross-syllabus course
- Anyone bored with the way mathematics is taught in the classroom and wanting a new exciting take on the subject