Import, Convert, and Export Point Data Files
- SEQUOIA reads industry-standard Point Data formats, including CSV, .E57, .LAS, .LAZ, .PLY, .PRT, .PTG, .PTS, .PTX, .XYZ
- SEQUOIA provides tools for batch-conversion of large number of source Point Data files into supported output formats.
- SEQUOIA provides an integrated DEADLINE submitter for performing conversion on the network or on the Cloud.
- SEQUOIA converts Point Data to a spatially-organized and well-compressed .SPRT file format.
- .SPRT allows efficient storage and random access to sub-sets of large point clouds, with hundreds of billions of points.
- Typical Point Data channels like Color, Intensity, Normal etc. can be visualized as Color in the Viewports.
- Point Shape, Size and Transparency can be controlled per Viewport.
- Point Limits can be defined per Point Loader object, and per Viewport.
- Multiple Levels Of Detail can be loaded in a view-dependent manner, while respecting Point Limits.
- SEQUOIA can adapt to any hardware, from Microsoft Surface Pro tablets through laptops to graphics workstations.
- SEQUOIA provides a gizmo-based Region Of Interest object for filtering incoming point data.
- The Region Of Interest object can include points that are either inside, or outside the gizmo.
- The gizmo can be adjusted numerically, interactively, or transformed freely using the Move, Rotate and Scale tools.
- Multiple Region Of Interest objects can be chained or branched to combine or exclude multiple point data subsets.
- SEQUOIA creates a watertight mesh from one or more Point Data sources using one of several meshing algorithms.
- SEQUOIA can clean up the resulting mesh by removing detached "islands" using polygon count or area thresholds.
- SEQUOIA can optionally remove one side of the mesh based on polygon vs. point data Normals (non-water-tight output).
- SEQUOIA provides operators to conform the mesh to the point cloud's surface, relax the mesh, clean up channels etc.
- SEQUOIA can perform distributed meshing on the workstation, the local network, or the Cloud using the Hacksaw feature.
- SEQUOIA lets you project images onto both Points and Meshes.
- Projection modes include Orthographic and Perspective Planar images, Panoramic, Spherical and Cubic projections.
- Projections can be aligned interactively by matching as least four 2D points on the image with 3D points on the object.
- Screenshots of SEQUOIA Viewports can be re-projected onto objects.
*For example, texture a low-resolution mesh with a high-resolution screenshot of the mesh or the point cloud.
- The order of projection blending can be controlled using a familiar Photoshop-style Projection Layers dialog.
- Projections can be occluded by points and/or geometry, and can be blended based on Alpha channel and surface Normals.
- Projections can be exported with the mesh either as a single unwrapped UV texture map, as PTex, or as Vertex Colors.
- SEQUOIA can read and write several industry-standard mesh formats: .OBJ, .PLY, .STL, and Thinkbox .XMESH.
- SEQUOIA offers a Batch processing tool for mass-importing mesh files.
- SEQUOIA provides a Batch exporter for exporting multiple mesh objects to multiple mesh files, or to a single file.
- The HACKSAW feature can save multiple "Partitions" of a single mesh as a sequence of mesh files in any supported format.
- A single SEQUOIA Mesh Loader object can load all or a fraction of a Partition file sequence.
- The Partition meshes can be exported as a single mesh if desired, and can be optionally welded to a continuous mesh.