Platform: Windows | Image ISO | Year: 2009
The dictionary that helps students write and speak natural-sounding English, now in a new edition with CD-ROM.
Which words usually go together? This dictionary shows you the common word combinations (collocations) that are essential for natural-sounding British and American English. Completely revised and extended, the new edition has over 250,000 collocations and over 75,000 examples.
* Based on the Oxford English Corpus, a 2-billion word corpus that provides authoritative information on the most typical collocations.
* Collocations only found in British or American English are clearly labelled.
* Examples, using British and American English, show how collocations work in context.
* Headwords printed in blue help you find the right word faster.
* CD-ROM with the complete dictionary, a searchable index that makes it easy to find the collocation you are looking for, and practice exercises.
* CD-ROM has pop-up definitions of every word included in the dictionary, with spoken pronunciation of British and American English.
* Collocations grouped according to part of speech and meaning.
* Usage notes show collocations shared by sets of words such as languages and seasons.
Minimum system requirements:
Windows Vista: 1GHz Intel Pentium or compatible processor and 512 MB of system memory (1GB recommended)
Windows XP: 350MHz and 256 MB of system memory (512 MB recommended)