Quixel's immensely popular NDO and DDO have been completely reimagined, bringing faster texturing experiences than ever. 3DO, a new previewer included with all tools for free, throws physically based rendering into the mix.
NDO is the definitive normal mapping tool that turns Photoshop into a complete toolkit for surface details. Every tool in Photoshop can be utilized to sculpt normals in real time. Build non-destructive hard surface designs, extract rich normals from photographs with unrivaled definition, and instantly view every tweak in 3DO.
3DO is a model and material previewer directly connected to Photoshop, enabling review of your work without needing to utilize different applications. 3DO supports 1-1 previewing of any calibration profile, enabling pixel-perfect representation of your model like it would appear in the chosen profile. With a customizable cinematic post-processor, support for loading your own multi-material meshes, and support for animation and video output, what you see is truly what you get. 3DO comes bundled for free with NDO and DDO.
DDO completely optimizes Photoshop for rapid creation of PBR-accurate textures. The workflow is fast, easy to learn, and adaptable to any art style. Create unrivaled results, at unlimited resolutions, with the world’s first fully scan-based PBR tool.
2.1.1 is here! Smart Material Batching, a dozen new Smart Materials, create & load presets made from entire projects, 1.8 preset conversion, plenty of fixes and much more:
- A bunch of new highly requested Smart Materials
- Introducing: Smart Material Batching (auto generate all materials using an ID map)
- Introducing: Smart Material converter for bringing custom 1.8 presets into Suite 2
- Added full support for saving and loading custom ID Presets
- Added new ID Preset for auto generating Base Materials
- Added color picker for selecting color of wire-frame
- Fixed bug where color IDs would become jumbled when running Reimporter
- Fixed PNG exporter bug where alpha maps would halt export
- Added support for converting Blinn-Phong to GGX in Smart Material converter
- Improved symmetry paint mode
- Fixed bug where patcher would not detect previous install
- Fixed auto updater crash caused by anti-virus applications
- Fixed bug where custom imported materials would become grey
- Fixed output resolution bugs in Reimporter
- AO map is now scaled when running Reimporter
- Added 'W' key for toggling wire-frame mode quickly
- Fixed bug where material browser would go off-screen for certain screen resolutions
- Fixed bug where some mesh groups would not get rendered
- Fixed bug where back face culling would be off by default
- Fixed mask toggle getting stuck in paint mode
- Fixed bug where symmetry planes were having an effect on brush positioning/orientation
- Fixed bug where updated input paths would not be saved to the project
- Fixed 3DO map importer crash
- Further optimized wire-frame mode
- Misc additional fixes