Automatically remove unwanted characters, fix messed up carriage returns, and pretty much anything else you can think. Save time & effort. Be more productive. Stop manually fixing text documents and emails. TextSoap can automate away all that tediousness.
- Clean Interface
- Integrated Text Editor
- 100+ Built-in Cleaners
- Powerful Regular Expression Support
- Custom Cleaners for customized solutions
- Custom Grouping for personal organization
- TextSoap Menu integrates into your favorite app
- AppleScript support
TextSoap has a fresh, new interface. We stripped off all the “chrome” to focus on your content, whether you are working with text, or building custom cleaners.
Improved Text Editor
TextSoap focuses on processing text, but sometimes you need a text editor too. It includes great new options like showing line numbers and being able to toggle wrapping of lines.
TextSoap offers up a large collection of more than 100 built-in cleaners. These cleaners can address your text issue completely, or serve as building blocks for a customized text processing solution.
Live Text Matching
Live text matching is great for trying out regular expressions. As you type in a valid expression, it shows you all the matches in your text. See exactly how matches come up.
Sharing cleaners means it is easier to create solutions for others, or use solutions others have created. New library files allow exporting multiple cleaners within a single file.
New Custom Cleaner Editor
Sometimes your specific text problem requires customize solution. The powerful new custom cleaner editor comes to the rescue, all with a simple drag-n-drop approach.
Color Coded Actions
Color coded actions make it easy to look at a custom cleaner definition and understand which actions are doing what.
Regex Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expressions are a powerful way to find text. The new syntax highlighting helps you understand those expressions better. And the new expression validator makes it easier than ever to spot any potential errors.
Whats new in 8.0.3:
• New: Added support to drag cleaner and library files onto TextSoap icon (in dock) to import them. Will bring up the importer window and add the files.
• New: If clipboard workspace window was closed, clicking on app icon will re-load the clipboard workspace.
• Fixed: Regular expressions could find a zero length match, which caused extra, and incorrect, replace actions.
• Fixed: Regular expressions did not always recognize when options (multiline, dot matches) were set.
• Fixed: New documents do not remember last size set.
• Fixed: Quitting with open custom cleaner editor could lose changes made.
• Fixed: Launching TextSoap app via 3rd party launcher after it was used by TextSoap Menu now works correctly.
• Added: New Advanced preference option added to enable larger toolbar buttons. When enabled (relaunch required), app will use regular size action buttons and revert to the older style ruler (with slightly bigger icons).
• Changed: Add note to TextSoap Menu preferences to remind users that TextSoap Menu is required to for global keyboard shortcuts to be enabled.
• Changed: Keyboard shortcut for accessing Custom Cleaners and Groups is now cmd-0.
• Changed: TextSoap will now restart TextSoap Menu at launch if it was "installed" but the user quit it manually.
• Changed: Find fields can be grown with new slider on Find & other actions.
• Changed: Replace fields will automatically grow (2x) if Find field is made larger.
• Changed: Added resizing sliders to Text Extract, Note, Insert Text actions.
• Changed: Added an "Edit List Data" button to the batch actions, renamed toolbar button "Lists" to "List Data".
• New: New content-focused interface. Stripped away a lot of the interface chrome.
• New: Regular expression syntax coloring and validation to quickly spot common errors.
• New: Customize Navigator provides simple access to user's' customized data
• New: Easily import/export multiple cleaners with libraries.
• New: Many of the customer requested cleaners added.
• Improved: Rewritten custom cleaner editor.
• Improved: Custom group editor.
• Improved: TextSoap Menu options now integreated into preferences.
• New: Option to show line numbers.
• New: Option to toggle whether text wraps to window.
• New: Supports opening/saving these file types:
◦ Microsoft Word 97 (.doc) Document
◦ Microsoft Word 2003 (.xml) Document
◦ Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) Document
◦ OpenDocument Text (.odt) Document
◦ Note: Conversion of these file types is limited to same level of functionality supported by TextEdit.
• New: Commands to move selected line(s) up & down (#513).
• New: Command to select line/paragraph at cursor (#516).
• New: Paste Over Command (#484).
• New: Live preview merges shows interactive matches, including regular expressions.
• New: Captured group results are now available for each match (when using regular expressions).
• Improved: Word count handling, esp. in very large documents.
• Improved: Find/Cleaner palette sidebar is now resizable.
• Cleaner List
◦ Filter applies to current group and also appends any matches from library.
◦ Group names are now sorted within each category (built-in, user).
◦ Library cleaners are now sorted.
◦ Live Preview shows you matches as you type (integrated Regex Lab from TextSoap 7).
◦ Syntax highlighter for regular expressions and replacement strings.
◦ Highlights common errors found in expressions (such as unmatched parentheses, incomplete properties, character classes).
◦ Option to display captured values of expression matches.
• New: Navigator provides simple point access to:
• New: Import/Export of Cleaners & Libraries
◦ New: Save multiple cleaners into a single Library file.
◦ New: Import multiple cleaners from a single Library file.
• Edit custom cleaners
• Edit custom groups
New Cleaners Added
• Normalize Dates to MM-DD-YYYY Format cleaner.
• Normalize Dates to DD-MM-YYYY Format cleaner.
• Normalize Dates to YYYY-MM-DD Format cleaner.
• Capitalize Lines : Useful for song lyrics or various lists, takes each line and capitalizes it.
• Fix Jammed Words : attempts to fix up words that are jammed together. It uses the spell check to look at words marked as misspelled that could be fixed by simply adding a space between them.
• Reverse All Characters
• Reverse Word Order
• Reverse Characters in Each Word
• Word Count - Notification : uses OS X User Notification to display word count of selected text.
• Word Count - Remove All Notifications : removes all TextSoap word count notifications.
• Strip Diacritic Marks : strip off any diacritic marks from text. ü becomes u, é becomes e, etc.
• Make Unicode Names : convert unicode characters to their unicode name.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
Home Page - http://www.unmarked.com/textsoap/